Author Topic: Help me with a tamtech Ferrari  (Read 41775 times)

olds45512

• Silver Level
Re: Help me with a tamtech Ferrari
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2011, 18:59:50 »
its the best high current battery connector on the market, heres a like

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKX39&P=ML

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2011, 21:48:17 »
yeah i got to put the male end on the esc
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2011, 21:55:48 »
yep thats correct, the charger should come with a wire with deans on it

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2011, 23:44:32 »
yeah it does, just wish i wouldn't have to change the esc plug, now i got to get a different cord for the charger and the dean plug.

waiting sucks.

why is that the best plug? just curious
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2011, 10:32:39 »
Most plug create resistence in the connection between the battery and the esc, deans plugs have a lower resistence than the wire does so it doesn't effect the flow of power from the battery to the esc. The battery plugs on a tyco are known as tamiya plugs and they are the worst, they rob all sorts of power and are being phased out in faver of lower resistence plugs.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2011, 23:32:59 »
okay cool, i ordered 10 pairs. put the one on the speed control and one on the other battery. oddly enough it came with two batteries one with a dean plug the other with a banana plug.

got the adapter for the charger charger the battery, didn't take long but the battery was already at 3.7v a cell. do lipo's hold there charge really well? cause that battery has been sitting in a box for awhile!

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2011, 23:45:07 »
lipos while hold a charge forever, you could charge it today and 2 years from now it will still be fully charged.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2011, 01:43:14 »
sweet! so they don't go bad with age like the nihm and nicd

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2011, 09:16:17 »
not really as long as you treat them right, like i said just make sure you dont drain them past 3.3v per cell or youll ruin them.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2011, 09:44:18 »
doen't the speed control you pointed me to have a cut off? or do i need to get one of those too?

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2011, 09:50:32 »
From what I read on the website I believe it does put I would read thru the instructions to make sure, if not you can buy an buzzer that hooks to the balance plug that will buzz when the voltage gets low.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2011, 10:15:30 »
PROTECTION FUNCTIONS:
1. Low voltage cut off protection: if the voltage of a lithium pack is lower than the threshold for 2 seconds the esc will cut off output power. Please note the esc cannot be restarted if the voltage of each cell is lower than 3.5v.

i believe that is the cut off :)

olds45512

• Silver Level
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2011, 10:59:06 »
Yep, some esc have the ability to turn it off to use nimh packs so just make sure its on and have blast.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2011, 14:14:13 »
ahh that is that switch, it came with a tamiya plug, well it was a smaller version but that makes sense why i way on there now.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2011, 17:29:25 »
so i put a deans plug on, binded the remote and receiver. which it said to turn it all off then but the receivers light started blinking again, and i have no steering or throttle. what did i do wrong?