Author Topic: Waiting on a PS3 price-drop  (Read 5245 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Waiting on a PS3 price-drop
« on: August 11, 2009, 22:25:11 »
I'm pretty bummed now. I was waiting a little over a month from the time that I had planned on purchasing a PS3 because I was supposed to be getting some coupons to save about $50 for a new PS3. I was going to get the 80GB system that included Kill Zone 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4. I got the coupons today, and that is when the bubbles started getting popped.

To start, I read the fine print on the coupons and discovered that although I could use them to buy a new PC, I couldn't use them for a video game console system. So... I just decided to go get the system without them, without getting an extra game or anything.

We got to Best Buy and I was pretty excited. This was the day that I had been waiting for since... well, quite a while. We got to the isle with the PS3 where the shelves were marked for the PS3 KZ2/MGS4 bundle. They were bare. Next to that was the 160GB Uncharted bundle, with their $499 price tag. A Best Buy employee stepped over and asked if we needed some help. I quickly responded asking when they expected to get more of the 80GB PS3 bundles in. He said that he didn't expect any more of that specific bundle and that he expects a price reduction for the holiday season. He said that this was just his opinion based on what he had read online and seen with PS3 stock in the store (that 80GB PS3 has never unavailable this long).

So, I guess that's it for me for a while. I had hope to have a PS3 before my birthday, but I guess I'll have to wait and see what's coming next. Maybe I'll finally get a PSP while I wait for the holiday prices to drop on the PS3.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Waiting on a PS3 price-drop
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 06:44:07 »
You know...I purchased the God of War PSP system awhile back and use it FAR LESS than I thought I would.

I would be willing to sell you my PSP, with case, all games and movies for $150, which is $50 less than I paid for the original system by itself ($199 + ST)

So if you're interested, let me know.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 08:38:56 »
That sounds reasonable. I definitely want to discuss this more. Do you still have the manual for the system?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 17:56:18 »
Yes...I have everything.  You'll see tonight!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 16:00:08 »
Maybe I won't have to wait so long after all... Check this out:

Quote from: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1015007p1.html
The new design has all of the same features of the current system, including WiFi, Bluetooth and whatnot. Our guys at the show say that it looks pretty much exactly the same as the current model, only smaller. It's 34 percent lighter, draws 34 percent less power and, most importantly, comes with a 120GB hard drive.

Oh, and as a bonus, the current system is dropping to $299 effective immediately.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 20:35:42 »
Sweet looking system! ;D