Author Topic: A Lead on Another Gaming Group  (Read 8247 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
A Lead on Another Gaming Group
« on: July 09, 2009, 21:52:13 »
I was watching Scott Nicholson's series on Gaming in Libraries, and he mentioned an event that happens every November called National Gaming Day. 

The site he refers to still has info for last year up: 
http://www.ilovelibraries.org/gaming/

The map of the event shows a participating library in Holiday, Florida.  I'm going to try to contact this library and see if I can find out if they have regular gaming groups there.  If so, I'd like to check it out.  If not, I'd be interested to talk to you guys about us setting something up.  It wouldn't necessarily have to be that library, although it does seem pretty well situated for our group.

Thoughts?

"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: A Lead on Another Gaming Group
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 22:18:19 »
Sounds like an interesting idea. 
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 10:55:29 »
I'm interested in getting a regular thing going again, even if it's only once a month.
My availability is limited and I might not be able to make every session, however, I'm willing to try and make it work.
I miss the Tarpon Spring Fridays we used to enjoy at Pendragon.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:08 »
Hey Chris, any updates on this?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 17:43:23 »
Not yet.  I had been planning to go this past weekend, but got sidetracked with stuff around the house.  Hopefully, I can go this Saturday, and check the place out.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 08:21:14 »
That's ok. We've had a lot going on here lately anyway.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 18:28:38 »
I was in Emerald City today, ordering my copy of Condottiere and found they have gaming from 1-6 on Sundays.  Didn't know if an every other Sunday might work for the group???  I haven't run it by the little woman yet...but what do y'all think?

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 09:42:58 »
That sounds good.  I'm available for any of those things.  And by that I mean the other thing you mentioned in the other post about Fridays at Pendragon.

Just as well.  I keep forgetting to actually go to that library.  Usually, weekends are my opportunity to make up for such poor sleep habits during the week.  This past Saturday, I woke up at 2pm... :(

Also, Dragon mentioned getting together this Wednesday to play a game or two.  Not sure if that's still on or not.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 13:09:13 by TylerChuit »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 21:12:43 »
That sounds good.  I'm available for any of those things.  And by that I mean the other thing you mentioned in the other post about Fridays at Pendragon.

Just as well.  I keep forgetting to actually go to that library.  Usually, weekends are my opportunity to make up for such poor sleep habits during the week.  This past Saturday, I woke up at 2pm... :(

Also, Dragon mentioned getting together this Wednesday to play a game or two.  Not sure if that's still on or not.

My step-brother and nephew are at our house today and tomorrow (at least) so it probably won't work out this week.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 09:12:24 »
What, they don't like games? :(

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 09:25:01 »
Oh, they do like games, but it's the timing that would be harder since we're normally working until around 8 PM. We usually just get to a game or two pretty late.

If you're interested in coming over, I'd suggest calling beforehand to find out what's going on.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:43:39 by Dragon »