Author Topic: Canine Distemper  (Read 4277 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Canine Distemper
« on: July 08, 2009, 18:15:52 »
We just got word from our vet that our new puppy has canine distemper. This is a highly contagious, very deadly virus for dogs. Tomorrow we have to have our puppy put down. Hopefully this doesn't spread to our older dog, Chava. Please keep us in your prayers.

This puppy was from the Humane Society of Inverness! Avoid them! The last time my wife spoke to them they didn't consider distemper to be any big deal.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: Canine Distemper
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 13:39:51 »
 :'(
how sad. I'm sorry you have to put your family through such an ordeal.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 23:02:25 »
Wow, that is horrible.  I really hope Chava is alright, and that your kids can deal with this.  :(
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 09:06:44 »
Yeah, we really hope everything will be alright too. We got a second opinion that said it's definitely distemper, so we have to have the little puppy put down. It will probably happen today.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 10:19:08 »
We took the puppy to the animal shelter yesterday to be put down. Fortunately, one of our friends watched our kids while we went. They seem to be handling it ok, but we have noticed that they are much more irritable than usual. Everyone deals with loss in different ways.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I hope you all have a good weekend.