Author Topic: Birthday in Atlanta  (Read 3832 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Birthday in Atlanta
« on: June 19, 2009, 00:59:22 »
I miss Atlanta alot.  Whenever I get a chance to go back to visit, I get really excited just thinking about the trip.  I'll be spending the July 4th weekend up there this year with my friend, Jason.

I've known Jason now for over 13 years, and we've been through alot together.  Failed marriages, late night trips to the emergency room, and at least a half dozen changes of address.  That last complete with the combination of major household appliances and several floors of stairs.  We've been through pet deaths, deaths in the family, and broken hearts galore.   We've fought about women and creative differences, and we've accused each other of some things that I'm ashamed to admit.

We've also worked together on many creative projects, and frequently brainstormed long into the night fueled on Coca-Colas and meatball subs.  We've spent hours at a time pitching our ideas to each other, and getting excited at each new breakthrough.  He greatly helped me improve my artistic ability, fueled my desire to sculpt, and introduced me to the world of modern board games.   I've helped Jason publish a comic book, and film a pilot for a tv show.  I sculpted the cake topper for his first wedding.   Jason has had a profound influence on every aspect of my life, and everything creative I've done in the last 10 years, I owe to his inspiration. 

He's not just my friend.  Jason is a brother to me, and it occurs to me as I type this, that more than I miss Atlanta, I miss him.  I'm really looking forward to spending my birthday in Atlanta playing board games, making ribs, and just hanging out with my friend. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:05:36 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Birthday in Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 18:24:36 »
I hope you have a good trip to Atlanta. It sounds like you're really looking forward to it.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Birthday in Atlanta
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 21:15:20 »
Sounds like one of those few people that you meet that matter to you in your travels.  I'm glad you'll be spending time with him.  I have a few friends like that in Cali.  That is my Altanta...and I too, will be enjoying the nostalgia in July.

Have a great trip.  Perhaps you can tell us all about it over some Coca Cola and some meatball subs.