Author Topic: Spring Break is a taste of Summer  (Read 3292 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Spring Break is a taste of Summer
« on: April 08, 2009, 03:27:00 »
Yeah, I'm still here... underneath a stack of books a mile high.

My kids are off school this week for Spring Break. This is making it more difficult to get things done since homework and web projects are done from home rather than on campus or at an office. This little break for them is a small reminder of what summer will be like if I take classes then. So my wife initially suggested that I just go part time. (After all, the G.I. Bill runs out for me next month, so I'm not getting any more money from that anyway.) After more thought, I think I'll just skip the summer session. Those weeks are crunched together anyway. I have other things to do anyway, such as continuing to work on web projects. Plus I've got a couple books that I've been wanting to read... like that Flash Studio book that I've had for a year or so and only gotten through the first couple chapters. Plus, it would be nice to get out and do something different for a change... like play some games or something.

We had a friend come over to give us a bid for finishing our back room. We hope to get it completed within a couple months. It's been somewhat of a second garage for us for several years now and we finally just decided to get a storage unit and clear everything out. The storage unit is not intended to be permanent, just for a month or two to give us time to sort through all our stuff and make way for some work to get done at home.

Over at The Refinery Rock Radio and Fuel Radio, Tom has been dealing with stream problems for more than a week. The company that he had the stream through went out of business and the new one that he got has been troublesome. That might be corrected by now, since they were switching over the stations to a new streaming server. Fortunately we still have some regular visitors stopping by the forum and showing their support.

Well... that's about it for me. It's late. I should go to bed... but I'm still feeling too much awake for that. Maybe I'll watch that Netflix movie that I've had for a week. Nah... too late for that now. I don't need to be trying to stay up all night.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)