Author Topic: April Fools  (Read 4533 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
April Fools
« on: April 02, 2009, 09:59:05 »
Yesterday I moved the stylesheets from most of my website to see if I'd get any comments about it. A kid we knew put a rubber duck in the toilet. SitePoint announced that the Internet was being rebooted, and Google announced their new Autopilot for Gmail. Did you do anything for April Fools?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: April Fools
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:27:49 »
Not me personally, however, my online game I've been playing pulled a fast one.
Tribal Wars put up a dummy front screen that basically said your villages have been taken and where would you like to restart at. That was a good one, since I am leader of a tribe, we are #41 on world 31, and I would be pissed to log in and find that someone took over all 11 of my villages overnight.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 13:20:39 »
I noticed the website thing.  I just thought you were working on it, and didn't really connect it to april fool's day... ::)

I resigned as the leader of my WoW guild and went over to another one as my april fool's prank, but now that I'm there, I'm not sure I want to go back... :-\
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 16:48:20 »
Yeah, I know my April Fools was rather lame. I didn't have time to do up anything grand, even though I had an idea for something that I thought was pretty cool. However... isn't the point of the April Fool's supposed to be to trick someone into believing something is actually what they think it is.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 23:32:49 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)