Author Topic: So much spam...the site is unusable?  (Read 4138 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
So much spam...the site is unusable?
« on: November 24, 2011, 23:48:50 »
I don't think I can moderate anymore.  Went to delete some of the *censored* posts and either I've lost the ability or it's been rescinded!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: So much spam...the site is unusable?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 00:43:33 »
Hmm... I'm not sure what happened there. I've been away from the site so long due to so many other things going on. Regarding your ability to moderate, I believe that you had stated a while back that you were no longer had time to be a moderator. I don't remember making any changes to it recently. If I did, it was during some sort of blackout period. If you are willing to pick up that flag again, I could definitely use the help to combat the spammers. Lately I've only had one or two nights per week on my computer. I spend quite a bit of that time deleting garbage from here... not really the way I want to spend my PC time, but I guess someone has to do it.   :-\
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)