Author Topic: We Were Soldiers starring Mel Gibson  (Read 4243 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
We Were Soldiers starring Mel Gibson
« on: February 18, 2009, 13:03:01 »
For history buffs or anyone interested in war movies, I highly recommend picking up We Were Soldiers starring Mel Gibson. I watched it last night along with the "Getting it right" extra, which I think was about 20 minutes long. It's based on the first major battle of Vietnam. Of course, it's a war movie, so you know that people are going to get shot and blown up, but this also shows another element of that - the families at home, which doesn't seem to be touched much in movies. Forget about the glamor of being a god-of-war like those portrayed in Sniper, Shooter, and Rambo. This is a serious look at war.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

cinemax

• Gold Level
Re: We Were Soldiers starring Mel Gibson
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 20:13:38 »
i just picked up a Mel Gibson Blu Ray two pack with We Were Soldiers and Payback. Both flicks were good. Awesome film. Did you happen to watch the burned version I gave you?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 22:31:40 »
My friend Blain told me about this one and so I added it to my NetFlix queue a while back. I forgot that it was even coming. 

It's been a long time since I've seen Payback, but I remember that as being a good one too. Actually, I can't think of any movies that I've seen Mel Gibson in that I didn't like.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 11:49:26 »
I should see this one.   I would probably like it.

I concur with you, Dragon, Mel's movies are for me.

I loved:

Payback
Patriot
Braveheart
Lethal Weapon series
What women want