Author Topic: The return of two fallen heroes...  (Read 5480 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
The return of two fallen heroes...
« on: September 14, 2011, 21:12:29 »
Hello guys!!!  ::)

It's so nice to be at Dragon's site again.  I first hit this site looking for a gamer friend back 7 years ago and found some good friends and had a lot of fun with all of you.  And now Chris and I come back (him physically and me electronically) almost at the same time.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

In November, 2010 my life imploded and everything I knew changed...seriously...th e only way my life could be different is to change my sex.  A short summary:

1) My wife asked for a divorce - 11/15/2010
2) I go to Colorado over Thanksgiving for a bittersweet vacation with Kamryn.  I oscillate between great joy with my daughter skiing for the first time at 13 and feeling so lost that drinking a 6 pack and then taking the long nap in the snow sounds like a great way out.  
3) December 4th - My birthday, a family friend's pregnant daughter gets killed in a car accident.  Her unborn child dies too.  Wendy and I are impacted and suddenly life together seems important and we agree to save our marriage.  It's one great weekend.
4) Late December - It doesn't take long to realize that the feeling is gone.  Counseling isn't going to work.  I put ad on eHarmony because I realize that if I don't do something soon, I will voluntarily leave the planet.  I get so many hits daily that I need to weed them out by proximity.
5) I move out after disastrous "family" weekend at Disney in early Jan.  I realize I hate my cheating, slut of a wife and if I don't leave, I could say or do something I really regret.
6) I have my first date with Caralee almost to the day I move out.  Good thing I am not going to invite her "home"....other dates prior ended up with many women that had TOO MUCH baggage.  But...at least I'm in circulation and starting to have FUN again.
7) I start working out every single day.  I lose a lot of weight and get a bit buffed.  This practice continues.
7.5) Hunter climbs a tree and threatens suicide, gets Baker Acted and sent to La Amistad in Orlando for a month.  He wants nothing to do with me.  So...we don't have a relationship anymore.  Wendy sicks CPS on me claiming child abuse on Hunter.  They investigate and drop all charges.
8) I get a tattoo
9) Frustrated by micro-management by the partners and them being assholes, but me being in my situation to not take any *censored*, I tell them where they can stuff their opinions.  I decided to leave CRI, but stay through busy season because it's the right thing to do.
10) I give birth to Widget Bookkeeping and Tax and get business cards printed up.  I consider staying with CRI through December to save up some money for a safety net so that Widget won't be quite so risky in the "building business" years.
11) I get laid off on June 10th.  I take it very well considering I wanted to go my own way anyway.
12) Clients come from all over to follow me.  I am flattered.  I re-invigorate my involvement in BNI to market Widget.
13) Wendy gets a job after not having one for over 11 years (HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.....)
14) I shave my head just to see what I look like bald (a few days ago).

I've been through hell and during my trip through...I lost sight of you guys.  I'm sorry for that.  I probably should have gamed more, laughed more and leaned on you for support a little more.

So...currently here's where I stand:

I live with Caralee.  I was practically living with her anyway and spending almost every night with her.  My apartment was more of a storage unit anyway.  Due to money shortage I had to give up my own place.

I am the President of Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.  a small and growing CPA firm.  I work when I want and don't take any *censored* from anyone other than clients who PAY me well for the priveledge of taking *censored*.  I have one VERY PART TIME employee...you may know him....

My divorce went RIGHT TO THE FINISH LINE prior to my layoff.  Papers were written and everything was agreed on.  But Wendy wouldn't sign.  She fired her lawyer and then hired a new one...why?  I asked her and she told me that she wanted MORE.  $4,100 in child support and alimony simply wasn't enough...HOW GREEDY.  But...I'm SO GLAD I am not tied into that.  Anyway, the process has stalled.  I was urging it to continue...but now....I am just waiting.  Money will make her decide to move forward.  Until then...I am busy with other things.

I see my daughters as often as I can, which is every other week...I never see Hunter.

But...I'm back.  Looking forward to gaming on the 25th and catching up with you all.  Hugs would be accepted if they are given!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: The return of two fallen heroes...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 22:46:19 »
I'm so glad to hear this story, the alternative being that you left the planet. :'(
I look forward to hugging that new buff body you're bragging about.   Yeah, right.
If you don't have my number, ask, I'll give it freely. I'm up at all hours and would gladly listen to your worries/complaints. Heck, I might even offer some advice. However, I'm perfectly willing to quietly listen as you talk out whatever is bothering you.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 13:07:42 »
The shaved head takes some getting used to, but it's not a bad look for you. :)

Sounds like you're past the worst of things.  Caralee is definately doing you a world of good.  You seem great together.

It may take as long as another decade or two, but Hunter will eventually figure out how the world works, and put the pieces of everything that happened together with a more adult understanding.  Right now, it just sounds like Wendy is using any sternness in your parenting to turn him against you.  Be patient with him though, and be available.  You will eventually get that phone call (or however we're communiacting over distances by then).

As for myself, I am glad to be back.  Atlanta was a failed experiment, but I'm happy to part of a brand new business venture... even though my boss is a TOTAL HARD-CASE... you may know him... ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 14:12:22 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 05:46:44 »
Thank you both.  Chris, it's great to be working with you.  I'm so glad that we can be work associates as well as friends.  If one ever jeapordizes the other, I'd rather be friends.  But I don't foresee any issues with that.

I will see you all for gaming at Macs place on the 25th.  If something should change, I won't know about it until the 25th. So please call me on that day after 10am.

I'm now going on a 7 day cruise with my sweety!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 23:40:04 »
Hey Charles, glad to hear from you again. Things have been quite busy in my life lately, so I haven't been checking in online as much as I used to. I also wish that we had kept the lines of communication open more, but I guess that's how things go sometimes. I'm glad things are getting better for you.

I've been teaching my son how to play many different board games, so hopefully he'll be able to join us for a game day sometime in the not-too-distant-future. He's not ready for all the biggest stuff yet, but he's already played Dominion several times, and, thanks to Chris, we were able to get in a game of HeroScape.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys this coming weekend!
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 02:07:25 »
All set for Sunday.
Has anyone reached out to Unameable?

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 19:29:12 »
Just wanted to say to all of you...it was GREAT to see you all. 

I will do my best to make gaming with you guys a regular thing.  How did you all like Caralee?  Gaming with me is so much more possible if I can bring her with me.