Linked Events

• Full Game Day in Port Richey: August 03, 2008

Author Topic: Full Game Day in Port Richey  (Read 16030 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Full Game Day in Port Richey
« on: July 26, 2008, 12:29:41 »
Ok. Beth gave the approval to have a full game day next Sunday at our place. Hopefully that day is good for the rest of you. Please confirm.

Lets also pick one big game to play that day and plan for it to either be at the beginning or end of the day, that way if there are others who are interested in joining us for the big game or the shorter games can plan accordingly. Personally, I'd like to nominate Arkham Horror as the big game of the day. Since Chris and Charles are most familiar with it, maybe they can give some estimation of time and weigh in on if it should be a starter game or one to finish the night.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 01:02:02 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Full Game Day in Port Richey
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 17:25:58 »
I agree with the nomination.  I believe we wanted to start with the basic version, with no expansions.

I'd imagine that's a 2-3 hour game Chris?  And I would want that to be game #1.

That way we play the LONG game and then several short ones to round off the evening.  That way if people leave at different times, they can just leave when there is a break in the gaming!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 19:02:11 »
Sounds good to me. That also means that we can suggest people arrive after noon if they are not interested in playing Arkham Horror.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 21:04:23 »
ill be there Arkham Horror sounds cool

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 22:16:12 »
Great. Charles, have you confirmed that you'll be able to make it on the 3rd?

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 04:31:57 »
If the first game is around 3 hours, I will try to sneak in and play a game. I am planning on joining the D&D group around noon, give or take ten minutes or so.
Not sure if I'll be back after 6pm that day or not.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 08:46:34 »
Sounds fine. By the way, Mac, have you talked to that friend who was interested in boardgames any more about gaming with us?

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 03:32:46 »
I did, yesterday in fact.
He is interested, I mentioned that I would be playing the first three hours or so, and invited him to join me, or to go it solo and join you later.
He will get back to me soon.

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 18:43:12 »
about what time will we be starting

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 09:08:00 »
The plan is to begin at 9AM. We're going to start with Arkham Horror. Around noon we'll take a lunch break. In the afternoon we'll start again playing shorter (approximately 2 hours or less in length) games. Wrap up will be around 9PM.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 21:14:02 »
Dude...I will be on your doorstep at 8:55 and 20 seconds.

I'll bring games.

Beth...I am so looking forward to gaming with you.  From the first time we gamed together I was impressed by your ability and the intuitive way you pick up on strategy.

Are you ready for a full day of me?   ;D

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 07:11:07 »
Note on Arkham Horror:

"We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight."
H. P. Lovecraft

All should be prepared to face the Old Ones that once walked this dirt we call Earth.

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 21:43:46 »
Thanks for coming over guys. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. You can read my session blog entitled "A Day of Gaming at the Dragon's Den." Feel free to comment to fill in details or make corrections.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 11:02:44 »
Ok guys. Beth gave the OK to invite everyone over for another day of gaming. Sunday, August 17th. Hope to see you there.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 05:03:00 »
I'll be available pretty much the whole day, give or take the last three hours based on how tired I am.
Thanks for accommodating my schedule and rushing this Sunday into the opening.