Author Topic: Mark as Read is not working.  (Read 10989 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Mark as Read is not working.
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:41:04 »
Don't know why, but it's happened two consecutive times.  It gives me an error message about a bad Url.   Who is Url? ;D

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Mark as Read is not working.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:50:33 »
Were you logged in for a long time before you hit the button? Just trying to figure out why that would have happened. I tried it and it worked fine... unfortunately.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 20:09:49 »
It worked !!  Yay!

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 19:25:02 »
It failed again.

Here is what it said:

Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 02:06:53 »
And this was right after you logged in, or were you logged in for a while before clicking that button? By the way, was it one for the entire forum or a specific board?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 19:22:55 »
I'd been logged in for awhile and it was for the entire forum.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 22:33:59 »
I'm wondering if maybe it's happening right around the time that your session is expiring. I'm not positive, but I did a search about the problem and I haven't found any other reasons than that so far. Plus I can't duplicate the problem myself. Sorry.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 09:11:19 »
Mark as read not working on forum screen.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 09:25:23 »
I just tried it and it worked for me. (Sorry, I can't duplicate the problem.) The only time that I've seen a problem with this is when I've been logged in and my session timed out (one hour after you login by default).

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 12:42:00 »
Are we talking about the same button?
The one I'm having trouble with is for the main forum page. I can see the three or four major groupings on the forum page. I have used the button for mark as read inside the separate subjects. This was the first time I used the one on the main screen, and it failed to find a URL. I logged in within five minutes of having it fail.
Not trying to beat the subject to death, just clarifying when and which button.

Still not working for me.   "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again. "

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 12:45:27 »
Yep. That's the same button. Hmm... I'm not sure.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 12:46:30 »
only one button on main page, bottom

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 12:47:58 »
Sorry, I just looked back and saw there was only one. I edited my reply but obviously you caught the original.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is and wish I could duplicate it myself.

Update: I even tried it with a test account and it worked fine. Is this after coming from the DragonsHobbies.com home page?

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 13:01:05 »
I went to the forum and looked at the bottom for new posts, I viewed the new posts, wanted to reply. So I logged in, it took me straight to the post I was looking at. After posting I went to the forum page to look for other new posts. After looking at the new stuff I was interested in, I tried to use the button to 'mark as read' the subjects I wasn't interested in.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 13:03:41 »
Hmm... the error log seems to show that you session was lost when trying to click on the link. I'm not sure why. Do you have something that clears cookies or sessions automatically?