Author Topic: Never Not Funny  (Read 5180 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Never Not Funny
« on: May 02, 2011, 01:58:55 »
I was fortunate enough to be able to go to a live taping of another favorite podcast of mine this past week, Never Not Funny.  It's hosted by Jimmy Pardo and Matt Belknap.  If you watch Conan on TBS you may have seen Jimmy on recently as Andy Richter's sidekick who doesn't think Conan is funny, but laughs at everything Andy says.

Jimmy was in Atlanta this weekend to do his stand-up at the Punchline, and he kicked it off on Thursday night with a taping of NNF.  They had one of their regular guests, friend-of-the-show Pat Francis, and a special musical guest, Ellis Paul, who played four songs including a band new, never before heard tribute to Johnny Cash called "Kick the Lights".

Afterwards, I hung around till most of the crowd cleared out, and got to talk to the guys for a few minutes and gave them some Red Rocket Farm merch I had brought for them since they both have young kids.  Then they gave me one of their new t-shirts (pictured in the background of the photo below); a take on a KISS concert shirt, since Jimmy is a huge KISS fan.

It was an awesome night, and even though I normally couldn't afford it, it was a once in a lifetime experience that I'm really glad I got to do.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:10:42 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Never Not Funny
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 23:24:28 »
Cool. Glad you're still able to get out and have some fun!  :)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Beth

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 00:37:52 »
Glad you had fun. 
My shoes aren't on the wrong feet.  These are my feet.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 03:37:54 »
Super cool.  They mentioned me on their most recent podcast; thanking me for the shirts and stuff and wishing they could give the website a free plug, but not noticing the business cards on the backs of some of the prints, I guess...

Check it out here.  It's right in the first few minutes: http://pardcast.libsyn.com/episode-824f-janet-varney

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:23:54 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"