Linked Events

• Board Gaming at Pendragon: July 25, 2008
  • Gaming at Pendragon Games: August 08, 2008
  • Gaming at Pendragon CANCELLED: August 15, 2008
  • Gaming at Pendragon: September 05, 2008
  • Gaming at Pendragon: October 10, 2008
  • Gaming at Pendragon: November 07, 2008
  • Gaming at Pendragon: December 05, 2008

Author Topic: Board gaming at Pendragon Games, Tarpon Springs  (Read 33081 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Board gaming at Pendragon Games, Tarpon Springs
« on: July 21, 2008, 16:07:27 »
Quote from: Wyldwing
Wendy is ok with it!

We can either meet at my place or Pendragon or at any fast food place between here and there (unlimited refills!)

Just let me know.  If we're at my place, I may get sucked into brief kid-duty... :)

Since Pendragon is open until 10PM on Fridays (according to their website), it's fine with me. The nice thing about going there is they've got bigger tables. Of course, the down side is that they have a limited selection of drinks and snacks and charge quite a bit for what they have.

Chris, Mac, what do you guys want to do?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 19:10:43 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: Board gaming on Friday, July 25th
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 01:22:38 »
Okay, just want to rehash some details so I am on the same page.
Pendragon is in Tarpon Springs and serves as a middle ground meeting place, correct?
Have you actually sat in a fast food joint and played board games as extravagant as Starcraft before?
I can understand a bit of child care dooties, I don't have an issue with that, at least I don't think so.
I am up for new experiences, to a limit, but either of the three options sounds okay to me, although playing at the fast food joint will be a bit weird.

I say bring it on, let's game.

Mac   :P
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:45:10 »
Yes, Pendragon Games is about halfway between Charles and me.

I've never played a big game like StarCraft at a restaurant before. I don't think I'd feel comfortable trying to either. I think we've primarily played card games and small board games, like Pirateer and TransAmerica, when we've gone to restaurants.

Since I'll have to wait for my wife to get home before I can head out, I probably won't be able to get to Tarpon Springs before 6PM. (This is her first week in training though, so we're not sure what her schedule will be like for Friday yet.) This means that we won't have time to tackle any BIG games anyway.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:15:06 »
Carpool?

I've been meaning to work on my car and would rather not put extra miles on if I can avoid it.
Although if you are driving that little red car in front of your house, I'd probably need to drive then.  lol

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 12:08:24 »
Carpooling is fine with me. By the way, Chris fits in my car without denting the roof. ;)  If you'd rather drive than ride in my little car though, I'll pitching in for gas.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 18:40:28 »
I'm picturing me with your family now, and all I can think of are scenes from Harry and the Hendersons.  :-[

Friday at Pendragon's sounds good to me...  I can be there at my usual time of 6ish, that is if my freakishly huge body doesn't smash up my car...  Of course, I can always stick my monsterous head out of the window and make siren noises to get through traffic.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 01:49:39 »
I'll pitch in for gas and ride with you. I'll plan on heading over to your house around 5:30p, that way when Beth gets home and settled, we'll be ready to go.

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 12:08:54 »
Charles called today. He said he'll be at Pendragon Games around 6PM.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Board Gaming at Pendragon Games
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 18:04:07 »
I will be at Pendragon games around say...6:30 or so.  Who's with me?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
Re: Board gaming at Pendragon Games, Tarpon Springs
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 18:42:13 »
I've confirmed it with Beth. I'll be there.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 03:44:43 »
Count me in.
I'll drive this time, Dragon.
I figure I'll come by your house around 5:30p.
We should be at Pendragon by 6:15 or so.

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 09:17:38 »
Sounds good. See you Friday.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 23:43:56 »
Another fun night at Pendragon.

In attendance: TylerChuit, Wyldwing, Mac, and Dragon. Many other patrons were there playing other games, but no one else joined us this time.

Games played: Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Democrazy, Chez Grunt

Check out my blog for more details.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 18:31:34 »
Ok guys. Even though Beth forgot about Sunday, she did remember Friday. Anyway, I should be there.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 02:21:47 »
At this point in time, I would like to say I'm a go for Friday.
However, I also just came down with a mystery cold. I don't know anyone else with a cold, and it just appeared, with my nose running and me sneezing, all in about ten minutes.
If I am feeling well, I could drive, if not too bad, I could ride along. But, if it's bad, I prefer to not pass this one on.

Mac