Author Topic: Georgia hit with bad storms!  (Read 4287 times)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Georgia hit with bad storms!
« on: March 29, 2011, 00:00:32 »
Hope your okay up there, TylerChuit.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Georgia hit with bad storms!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:20:55 »
I'm staying dry.  :)  It's strange, right before I logged on I was thinking about how thunder sounds different up here.  It doesn't 'roll' like I'm used to hearing it.  More like someone's dropping a very large dumpster a few blocks away.  I guess all the hills act as a sound baffle, instead of having all that flat ground to echo off of.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Georgia hit with bad storms!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 23:20:21 »
Glad you're doing well in the storms. We've gotten some bad ones here the last couple days too. This morning on my way to work there were a couple times that I couldn't see anything and I just prayed that everyone stayed moving exactly the same way they were before. Fortunately I made it to work and home safely.

This morning while I was driving there were black clouds overhead with some light behind. I got to one area where a car dealership has a huge flagpole. This morning those gigantic flags were swirling around and I though that I was driving toward a tornado for a moment.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)