Author Topic: Wrapping up the semester  (Read 4726 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Wrapping up the semester
« on: December 08, 2008, 23:53:27 »
I'm wrapping up VB. Net Programming, Ethics, Speech, and Accounting this semester. VB. Net was lots of fun for me. I ended up helping several people in class get through their homework and had a good enough grade that I could skip the last assignment. In Speech class, I got an A on my persuasion speech tonight. The professor said it was very interesting and a refreshing subject. Just about everyone talked about some kind of save the planet thing while my persuasion speech was to get people to play board games more. ;)

Ethics has been tough for me, not because I don't understand ethics and morals, but because the instructor assigns chapters that take two days for me to read and has required more writing than I had to do in English Comp. Accounting has been tough too, but I'm still holding an A. Hopefully I'll make a decent grade on the Final and keep that A.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Wrapping up the semester
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 20:31:04 »
I knew you'd do that one VERY well.  Wish I could have seen it!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 21:29:52 »
Yeah, I wish I would have had a video recorder. I was pretty proud of myself for that one. After class one guy even asked me if I got 100% on it, which I didn't quite get, but I obviously impressed him too.

I only got 2 people that told me they were interested in joining up with us at Dragons Hobbies, but maybe that's because I also had fliers for The Million Minute Family Challenge, which most people took... or maybe they really didn't want to commit to anything and taking a flier was the easy one of two persuasive choices.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 21:40:35 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:02:54 »
YES! I'm done with my Finals! I'm pretty sure I got all A's, but I have to wait for the grades to come in for Ethics because the final required short-answers and paragraphs. Of course... why should I have expected anything else in that class.  ::) 

I have to thank God again for helping me through this semester and allowing my brain to hold onto enough information to get these good grades. Much thanks also goes out to my family and friends who have supported and encouraged me and given me some much needed breaks away from my school work.

Next semester is also going to be a busy one. I've registered for 5 classes, one more than being a full time student, because one of them is an Express class and won't count for my G.I. Bill as being a full time student for the entire semester unless I take another class. So the end of the Spring semester will be especially heavy for me closer to the summer. All of my classes in the spring are computer related, so hopefully they will all be enjoyable for me. There may be a change of plans if I end up getting a job with the state before the end of the Spring semester. If that happens, I'll probably drop back to two classes since the job opening pays really well and I won't need to rely on the G.I. Bill.