Author Topic: Favorite Quote of the Day  (Read 21722 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Favorite Quote of the Day
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 05:01:54 »
I was just watching 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time and thought of something...

"I touched the black monolith and all I got was the idea for this lousy t-shirt."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:07:31 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 20:08:43 »
Here's something that made me chuckle, related to computer programming:

"To paraphrase P. J. O'Rourke, making fun of VB is like hunting dairy cows with a rifle and high-powered scope."

Source: http://thedailywtf.com/Comments/Manuallypropagating-Worm.aspx#355844
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 16:05:39 »
Heard this on an episode of a TV show I like, and thought it was appropriate for the site:

"When the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box."
                                                                                  --Italian proverb
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 16:32:48 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 23:37:40 »
I came across this interesting one on StackOverflow:

"Once you think you completely understand something (like the notion of "polygon"), a generalization will turn up that shows you that you're just getting started. This principle applies even when you've already taken this principle into account, which is to say: You're never done."
-- http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/208603/what-is-a-hexagon#answer-208972 - Stack Exchange User: Blue, paraphrasing mathematician Branko Grünbaum
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)