Author Topic: Happy Birthday Ernie!  (Read 3270 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Happy Birthday Ernie!
« on: November 30, 2010, 00:44:28 »
Happy Birthday Ernie! I hope you have a great day!

Ernie has been my friend for nearly a decade now. We met while working in a call center at SDP. Actually, my wife worked with him first and found out that he was interested in board games. After she introduced us, we played a few games together before he left the company and went back to work at PSCU for a guy named Lou. I asked Ernie to let me know if there were ever any openings there, because I was interested in pursuing a career in Information Technology. Eventually the call came, and I made a good enough impression on Lou to hire me, and that was my first break into the world of IT. Unfortunately, Lou passed away a few years after I started there. Things changed at PSCU quite a bit and I decided to move on, but I will always remember that place. Thanks Ernie!
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Happy Birthday Ernie!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:11:48 »
Our friends are the mile markers of our lives.  They are the foundations of who we are and what we have to live for.  I think the real point of a birthday is to remind us of the people in our lives that have made a difference.

Happy Birthday Ernie.  I'm glad you're a part of the forums.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"