Author Topic: Victims of a Hit-and-Run  (Read 4625 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Victims of a Hit-and-Run
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:53:02 »
Last night around 7pm we were on our way out to eat. Unfortunately we were involved in a hit-and-run on the way to the restaurant - someone in a pickup truck pulled out of a liquor store in between two cars that were waiting at the light and hit us as we were driving up in the left turn lane. That delayed us about an hour and a half, but fortunately, thank God, there were no serious bodily injuries, even though the fender on our van is messed up a bit and we can't open the passenger side door very far.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Victims of a Hit-and-Run
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 02:30:21 »
Wow, that really sucks.  Glad to hear no one was badly hurt.   Hope you were able to at least get the guy's licence plate number.  I'm guessing he took off because hitting you made him spill his beer.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 07:19:55 »
So sorry to hear that!  I hope they catch the guy!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 10:44:10 »
We only got part of the plate number and haven't heard back from FHP yet, so I'm guessing that the person got away at this point unless we see the truck driving around. Unfortunately there weren't any very distinctive features.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 19:02:36 »
I read this a couple of days ago, however, I wasn't logged in.
I'm glad to hear you and yours are okay.

Do you want me to come by and take a look at the door/fender? I might be able to make it a little more usable.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 21:31:29 »
Thanks for the offer. We got it scheduled for repairs at Morris County Auto Body. They already had a guy pull the fender out so that the door can be opened until they can get it in.