Author Topic: Happy Birthday Charles!  (Read 5595 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Happy Birthday Charles!
« on: December 04, 2008, 00:08:24 »
Happy Birthday Wyldwing! Any plans? I hope you have a good one!
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: Happy Birthday Charles!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 02:23:17 »
Happy Day to you, buddy. I hope you do something you really like to do, either today or this weekend.
Even though some may call you an adult, you can still act like a kid on your birthday.
If anyone tells you different, send them my way. I'll straiten them out by sitting on them, which by the way, will probably just get them bent.

Have a good one.

Mac   ;D
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 17:48:17 »
Thank you!!

My birthday was very fun.  Took the family to Kobe Steakhouse.

But today...not so good.  My wife had some ideas of how the day should go, and I wanted to cannibalize parts from one of my old computers to put into my other old computer, along with a wireless network card so that I could create a nice working computer for them.

Needless to say, my project wasn't as important as x-mas lights or getting a tree, even though had we not argued, we could have gotten both done in the same day...but because we fought, I did what I wanted to do and who knows what she did.

Right now I am using my upgraded computer for the kids with the network card.  I FINALLY got it working.  It seems like most software that computer parts makers give you is crap.  All you really need to do is to let Windows find the new hardware and then use the CD for drivers.  But somehow they all say "DON'T PUT THE CARD IN UNTIL YOU INSTALL THE SOFTWARE and that causes more problems than it solves.  Dragon...is that your experience too?

Anyway...it's finally working with an addional memory chip and and additional hard drive (from my old computer) and the network card working flawlessly.  Now I await the delivery of my new Dell, which should come any minute!

I don't know where my wife is.  She called me from Once Upon a Child to "apologize" - You know..the *censored*ty "I'm sorry...but".  Leave it to a woman to ACTUALLY apologize without strings attached to them.  But she tried to press me for a timetable as to when I might be ready to join her.  I don't know about you, but when I'm deep into a computer project and trying to get things back to working order, there is NOTHING on the planet I want to do prior to fixing it.

So I couldn't give here a timetable.  So she HUNG UP ON ME.  Anyway...she'll cool off in a few hours...then it's time for makeup sex!   ;D

Wish me luck!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 10:44:45 »
That sucks that you were having computer troubles. We visited my parents yesterday for another Thanksgiving Dinner and before we left their house I tried troubleshooting a problem that my dad was having with his wireless internet connection. I struggled with it, thought I had it fixed, but in the end I still couldn't get his laptop to connect to his wireless router. I think my dad's wireless card is bad because my brother brought over his laptop and it connected to the network with no problems.

I definitely agree that the software provided when you buy a computer is mostly garbage. And I hate when I put in new hardware and get those messages that say I need to install the software first. 

(By the way, I've decided to have birthday wishes on the home page via Blogs only for a day or so from now on. It's nothing personal, so please let me know if there are any objections to this.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 19:03:32 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 07:48:51 »
Make up sex?   ???
Is that where she puts on lipstick and .......  well, maybe not.   :-[

Sorry to hear your life is riddled with nonsensical arguements with your spouse..... wait, mine is too. Does your wife have a sister named Kim?  Well, wouldn't it be grand if women would just let us think we are in charge, at least on our birthdays anyways.

;D

Good luck on the make up sex, you'll probably have to "apologize" first though.  Let me know how that turns out, wood ya?

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!