Linked Events

• Board Gaming in Port Richey: July 16, 2008
  • Board Gaming in Port Richey: July 22, 2008

Author Topic: Board Gaming in Port Richey  (Read 15708 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Board Gaming in Port Richey
« on: July 14, 2008, 19:40:58 »
Board Gaming at my place in Port Richey. I'm available most days of the week and on Sundays. I'd love to get as much gaming in as I can before the fall semester starts.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 12:16:34 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: Board Gaming in Port Richey
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 06:57:59 »
I am interested. I'm not sure which games you are thinking of playing. I have a Hero Quest game with most of the pieces, actually should be all of them, if my youngest son didn't lose any back when he used to play around with it.
I am up for new games, my times are somewhat limited though. Let me know.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 12:19:58 »
I have Hero Quest with The Barbarian's Quest expansion. Haven't played it in a couple years.

I've got a good sized collection of games and so does my friend Chris (TylerChuit). Some of my favorite games are territorial warfare games, like Conquest of the Empire (all 3 versions), StarCraft: The Board Game, and Samurai Swords. Other favorites are Descent (kind of like a heavy duty Hero Quest), Doom: The Board Game (deathmatch is fun), San Juan, Blue Moon City, Robo Rally, PowerGrid, The Settlers of Catan... I should probably stop somewhere. There are lots more that I enjoy.

You've got my number now, so give me a call about this and the GameBoy.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 01:09:57 »
StarCraft: The Board Game was probably not the best choice for introducing a new person to the "group," but Mac was a good sport about it.

I messed up my first turn by not building the transport that I had originally planned to, which allowed Chris easy access to the planet between us. Then I spent my next turn attacking Mac while he was mobilizing to an unoccupied planet. I guess I got a little greedy and attacked Macs base where I lost way too many units. He countered and reclaimed his base before I could destroy it, leaving me with only 2 units on my starting planet. By the third turn Chris had built up his force so much that we were pretty sure who would be the winner. Since Mac attacked my last two units, there were no actions I could take. Chris was forced to attack Mac even though they had earlier made an alliance, but by that point I was obviously out of the way. (It was just a matter of time before my bases would be destroyed in the regrouping phase.)

Hopefully we can play this game again now that we've overcome the hurdle of relearning the rules again. I'd really like to get this one committed to memory so we can get into and through this game quicker.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 01:20:32 »
I agree. Great fun, as I got introduced to basically four new board games.
Upon arriving at the Dragon's Lair, I was given the Heroscape rules.
Then we tackled an Itallian game, the name eludes me, which we had each won a territory when Chris arrived.
At that point we put the first game away, and started another, Brains on Trains, or some such. We almost got that one started when we switched to Starcraft.

I am going to have to claim dizziness from all the new games as to why I lost Starcraft, and of course, Chris sneak attacking his ally, me.

All in all, a great day to learn a couple four games. My appetite has been awakened.
Give me more board games.

Tampamac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 01:27:36 »
I'm glad you enjoyed the introductions. I'd be happy to show you to more of my collection, or we could actually play those ones next time.  ;)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 17:17:11 »
id like to get together as well but wensday through Friday is not really a good time for me with work and all but ya next time your having a gaming night id like to come

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 21:37:42 »
Glad to see you finally joining us on the forum.  ;D  Hopefully we can get something regular going again. A few hours during the week plus a full Sunday once each month would be very desirable for me.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 22:54:41 »
Since "The Unnamable" Chris is unable to join us other days, anyone interested in gaming on Tuesday evening?

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 01:18:05 »
Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday are my preferred days, however, I may be able to make it today as a one shot.

I'll let you know around 10am how my day looks.

Any idea of a time frame?

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 07:47:20 »
Starting about 5:30PM.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 11:11:58 »
I'll do my best to get there at 5:30p.
I should be good till about 11:30p again.
I'll bring some Coca Cola this time.

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 12:18:35 »
I just got an email confirmation from Chris (The Unnameable) for 5:30.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 03:56:05 »
Thanks for coming over on short notice guys.

Now for planning that Gameday Someday Sunday! This is for a full day (or close too) of gaming. I'd like to have time for at least one big game with a few smaller ones.

Potential big games: StarCraft: The Board Game; Conquest of the Empire (one of the two new versions); Samurai Swords; Railroad Tycoon; Twilight Imperium 3

I realize Mac is already in a group that gets together on Sundays. Is that every Sunday, Mac? How are everyone else's schedules for Sundays in August?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 10:51:44 »
My brother Lazer is visiting us for a few days this week. If anyone is interested in coming over for board games from Tuesday through Thursday, please let me know. I won't be available this Friday.