Author Topic: Playing Super Mario Bros. and other games on Nintendo Wii  (Read 3491 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Playing Super Mario Bros. and other games on Nintendo Wii
« on: November 23, 2008, 02:06:15 »
Today I beat Super Mario a few times. We also found out that if you beat the game and shut off the game by going to the Wii Menu you will be able to come back later and select which world you want to start in just by pressing the (1) button before pressing (+) to start. This was cool, until I realized that every time we played it, all of the soft Goombas were replaced by those bullet proof guys. That's fine unless my son is playing, after all, he's still new to the game. In order to completely reset the game once it's beaten, we have to just hit the power button while in game. Speaking of my son, he has gotten quite good at World 1-1 and now even beats World 1-2 regularly. He should be able to get through 1-3 soon.

Now that our living room has been rearranged around the Wii, we've been able to enjoy other games more too. We now have more room for Bowling, but this has also changed the way the game responds to our kid's throws. They are still doing well, but not quite as well as they seemed to back when they didn't have as much room to move around. Fortunately, rearranging has also made other games better. For example, tonight I scored 9 runs in Baseball against Chris. Prior to tonight, I might have scored 1 run in the game. Hitting a fair ball was practically impossible before. I can only guess that positioning of things in the room affect the game because Chris was unable to get the bat to move how he wanted. Unfortunately we're not going to be able to move the ceiling up any to accommodate so it might not ever allow him to hold the bat over his shoulder.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)