Author Topic: Getting back on track  (Read 3599 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Getting back on track
« on: October 27, 2010, 21:14:03 »
It's been quite a while since I've written a blog here, but I was thinking about it just the other day. For several years I wrote a daily journal which eventually turned into an online blog. The last couple years have definitely changed things for me. Although I'm still at a computer for 8-12 hours every day, those times are no longer spent at my home computer. As a full time computer programmer/web developer/server administrator, I've been working on multiple projects for my employer which keep my mind quite full with thoughts of programming and server configurations... sometimes even to the point of keeping me awake half the night and dreaming about related issues the other half of the night.

Anyway, the good news is that my pay check is helping to get me back on track... at least financially. My family and friends have seen me quite a bit less than they have in the past, this even affects my virtual connections to family and friends via the internet. I've barely had time for the websites that I used to visit on a regular basis. The long drives to work have affected my daily driver, my '85 Supra, which broke down on the drive home from work one Friday evening about a month ago. I'm hoping that soon I'll have some extra cash to get that car back on the road. Until then I'm just stuck driving my gas guzzling pick-up.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Getting back on track
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:27:27 »
At least you have the pickup.  I've been busy too, and I really enjoy your company too much to let us stay apart this long in a row...but life happens.  We should get the families together soon.

cinemax

• Gold Level
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 19:24:22 »
Ditto! Maybe a CMN or meeting at the park?

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:59:04 »
That is a great idea.  I am going to the park today with a picnic lunch...although Wendy has something planned for the day, so I'm unsure what we are doing...so not the best day to try to get together...it's an early B-day surprise.

But soon!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 06:05:48 by Wyldwing »