Author Topic: Loading up...  (Read 3752 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Loading up...
« on: November 19, 2008, 14:47:12 »
I've been really busy lately, but not with just one thing. School has, of course, been keeping me busy. I know that I definitely couldn't be an accountant. I can't stand working on that stuff as long as necessary. Math is fine, but the stuff that accountants have to know... I just don't want to have to know it.

I've partnered up with Tom Johns in Washington to work on his internet radio websites, TheRefineryRock.com and FuelRadio.fm. I installed a forum on The Refinery last week and have some other PHP stuff to look into when I have time. I'm excited about working with him on this. So far it's been fun discussing plans for expansions on the sites and getting through some of the initial setup.

In the Tyco world, I've been in contact with another collector who has provided some information and items to expand the Tyco portion of this website. Lots of visitors come to this site for vintage Tyco stuff, so I'm happy to be getting some things to add some solid content for those visitors. Speaking of... there are several items for sale that I've listed on the forum. The items that I've listed are not ones that I have in hand but have been asked to list. I cannot openly provide contact information for the collector that these are coming from, but will provide contact information to those interested in purchasing one or more of the items. These rare items include several prototype vehicles, some movie tie-ins (Armageddon and Home Alone 3), and some original box art paintings.

The final thing I'll mention in today's blog is that my son beat World 1-1 in Super Mario Bros. today! I downloaded this classic for the Wii today - it was only $5. I think it's great that Nintendo finally came out with a system that allows us to play our classic Nintendo games without having to blow the dust out of the hardware and fiddle with positioning of cartridges to play.  :D
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)