Author Topic: Question for Tyco Fans  (Read 7677 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Question for Tyco Fans
« on: August 02, 2010, 11:58:27 »
Hey Tyco Fans, I got a message from one of the members here suggesting a couple things

Maybe there should be a ???buy/sell and wanted??? section separate from the main TYCO page, so that the informative posts stay relevant.

Also, instead of making a wiki, there could be a ???sticky??? post that gets edited when necessary.

What do you think? Should we have a Buy/Sell/Wanted board separate from the main Tyco board? Should it be a sub-board or side-by-side with the main Tyco board?

Also, do you guys really want a Wiki, or would sticky messages be enough help to highlight the cool stuff around here?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

scorcher

• Platinum Level
Re: Question for Tyco Fans
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 12:08:11 »
i think a buy n sell section would be great of course u would have make rules like any personal msgs on price and if the payment has been made that it is brought forward and confirmed by seller/buyer to that for sale thread so moderators knows whats going

as for the wiki or sticky both are good ideas
50 rc toy - hobby cars from 1979-2021

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 11:17:10 »
Thanks for the feedback.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 11:28:09 »
good idea! deffinatley
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

mayfew

• Copper Level
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 11:58:58 »
There could be a "my tyco cars" sticky where members can only post pictures of their tyco collections, for others to enjoy.  Members should avoid posting useless comments on such a sticky, or useless comments could be just edited out by an admin.

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 10:45:54 »
There could be a "my tyco cars" sticky where members can only post pictures of their tyco collections, for others to enjoy.  Members should avoid posting useless comments on such a sticky, or useless comments could be just edited out by an admin.
ye be kwl a .my tyco cars. pics only

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 18:52:15 »
OK. I see a bunch of different posts with bunches of pics. If you guys start one for just pics, let me know EXACTLY which one and I'll sticky it.

mayfew

• Copper Level
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 12:45:57 »
Instead of having many eBay and other auction posts, you could stick the "tyco auctions" post.  So when ever a new auction comes up members can share the news with others.

mayfew

• Copper Level
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 23:42:24 »
Anybody interested in making a box art sticky? mostly focused in the advertisements for the other cars(back of box catalog), like this...

Or all sides of the entire box?
Ill have to figure out how to avoid the glare. Maybe I could use a flat bed scanner.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:55:10 by mayfew »

mayfew

• Copper Level
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 11:37:23 »
Maybe just have a "tyco for sale by member" sticky.  Have the original poster fallow up when the item gets sold.  You could combine some of the current for sale posts.

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 23:42:38 »
look at the treads on the fast traxx on that box, and have you ever actually seen an fx-4? that is similar to my super fast traxx bo, it has that fx-4 i want to see one, on ebay there was a mini one.
"If there are no such things as stupid questions than what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they suddenly become smart right before they are about to ask a question?"

scorcher

• Platinum Level
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 03:51:30 »
the fx-4 is the blaster i think just got diffrent colours

czstycor/c

• Platinum Level
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 09:26:00 »
the fx-4 has working lights though too, and possibly sound.