Author Topic: TYCO RC list, very basic. Please add more information.  (Read 62125 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: TYCO RC list, very basic. Please add more information.
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2014, 20:05:13 »
That looks very similar to a gold one that I found in a catalog from 1989. 9.6V Turbo Indys; Stock No. 2616-27; Scale 1/18. There's not much info about them in the catalog, but here's what the page lists in the bullet points:

• 3 position Speed Control Trigger Pull for Forward and 9.6V Turbo, Push for Reverse.
  • Knurled Non-Slip Steering Wheel with Self-Centering Action
  • Detachable 5 Section Telescoping Antenna
  • Recessed Power On-Off Switch
  • 9.6V Turbo Power Boost Indicator LED
  • LED Power-On Indicator, and Battery Life Indicator.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: TYCO RC list, very basic. Please add more information.
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2014, 20:17:10 »
Hey, I found that exact model in the Spring 1988 catalog, page 28. Indy Turbos - The Ultimate Racing Machines... with real Turbo Power.

"Real championship Indy Racers pack Turbo charged engines for blasts of power you control. Down to every detail, Michael Andretti's Kraco car, Al Unser, Jr's Domino's Pizza car, Rick Mear's Pennzoil and Danny Sullivan's Miller American car are authentic replicas of today's Indy winners. And they're Turbo powered!"

Under the #4 Miller car it says Stock No. 2416-27 (looks like the Pennzoil car was planned as the opponent as it is #2416-49).
Cube: 3.0
Weight: 13lbs
Package Size: 7" x 5 1/2" x 16 1/8"
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)