Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS DRAGON!!!!!  (Read 4034 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
CONGRATULATIONS DRAGON!!!!!
« on: July 14, 2010, 18:10:00 »
LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL BE STAYING IN THIS AREA!!!! ;D

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: CONGRATULATIONS DRAGON!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 15:12:09 »
Yes, I got a new job that won't force me to move to another state.  ;D
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 22:13:41 »
I had an AWESOME Official First Day at work!

Yesterday I was called in for a couple hours to assemble a couple desks in the new office with one other new guy. The office is just getting set up at that location, so we didn't even have desks until yesterday. The Head of Technology flew in specifically for training the two of us from Wednesday through Saturday. I found out about this just last night. I was concerned that this might conflict with Sabbath and prayed about it last night. 

When I went to work today and mentioned that I go to church on Saturday the Head of Technology said, "No problem. If you can't make it, that's fine." And later after we talked he said it was just going to be a short session anyway and I wouldn't be missing out on anything that couldn't be passed on through notes or a video if needed. He also inquired about my faith, asking "Are you Jewish or Seventh-Day Adventist?" Apparently there are people of various faiths working at the company and it didn't phase him a bit. Beforehand I was concerned that the guy would take it as an insult since he was coming in specifically to train us. God is AMAZING the way that he works things out!

Another cool thing was the brought us both a new laptop computer.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

cinemax

• Gold Level
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 21:46:07 »
Congrats again, dude! Glad you're staying!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 22:29:05 »
Yeah. There will be some times that I'll need to travel, but for the most part, I'll be able to stay in Tampa.