Author Topic: Discounted and Free eBooks from SitePoint  (Read 3868 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Discounted and Free eBooks from SitePoint
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:23:41 »
From now through July 12, SitePoint is offering discounts on eBooks for "This Cup." It's an interesting way that they're deciding which book(s) will be discounted, with one being free at the end. Each book is matched up with a country and they are placed in a bracket that will send the book that matches the winning country onto the next round.

Right now, 8 books are being discounted at 33% off. Here are the titles: Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS, The Principles of Beautiful Web Design, Online Marketing Inside and Out, Simply JavaScript, The CSS Anthology (3rd Ed.), Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL (4th Ed), Sexy Web Design, jQuery: Novice to Ninja.

At the Quarter-Finals, four books will be discounted 66% off. At the Semi-Finals, two books will be discounted 83% off. And on July 12th, one book, that had been matched up with the winning country of "That Cup" will be offered free for 24 hours!

For more details, visit the Sale at SitePoint.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Discounted and Free eBooks from SitePoint
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 23:03:31 »
It had been a few days since I checked in on this sale. (I'm not keeping up with the sport that's determining the prices for this sale either.) I checked in today and noticed that it's down to 2 JavaScript books. I already own one of them. I was really hoping to see a different book make it to the end, but unfortunately my pick got eliminated during the first round. In The Finals, both books are discounted by 83%, so they are selling for $4.95 right now. One is called Simply JavaScript; the other is jQuery: Novice to Ninja. If you're interested in learning more about JavaScript, you might want to check out the sale at SitePoint. (By the way, I'm not getting any money from these link, I just really like the books that SitePoint publishes.)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)