Author Topic: Changing registration  (Read 5160 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Changing registration
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:06:04 »
I've decided to change the registration setup for the site some. New members no longer have to post in the Welcome board, but registration is going to be setup a little differently. Hopefully this continues to keep spammers in the main areas of our forum to a minimum while making new member registration fit more with user expectations. As always, your feedback is welcome.

New members can now create new threads and post on existing threads. No one currently has access to the Welcome board, so hopefully the General Member permissions will give you all the access you need without posting "verification" messages.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Changing registration
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 17:20:25 »
Yeah...judging by the SPAM, it looks like a bad idea!!

BTW, you know what I could really use to the help out in the forum?  I need to be able to select ALL the offending posts and then click one or two buttons to do a MASS delete/banning.  The "one-at-a-time" thing just takes too much time and the flow is just too great.   ???
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:53:53 by Wyldwing »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 15:01:44 »
Yeah, I'm wondering if a lot of them registered before the registration changes went in effect. I think there is a profile setting that allow multiple posts to be selected.

Update: Found it.
Profile > Look and Layout Preferences:
Show quick-moderation on message index as... Change that to "checkboxes"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 15:10:40 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 22:41:31 »
How's it looking guys? I haven't seen nearly as much spam in the past week, but maybe you guys have been cleaning up a lot while I've been out. Let me know.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 15:52:18 »
In case anyone has a problem with the registration code that comes in the email, please just reply to the email (to admin) with a message explaining your problem so I can look into activating your account.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 18:59:21 »
My internet has been down at work, so I haven't been clearing up any spam... seems better.  :)
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 22:22:37 »
Cool. Thanks for the feedback.