Author Topic: Party time to break up the monotony  (Read 3535 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Party time to break up the monotony
« on: October 26, 2008, 23:33:01 »
Anyone who has read my last blog post knows that I've been very busy this past week. Last night I spent most of the night finishing up homework for Ethics class and tonight I'm working on homework for Speech class. Celebrating my son's birthday today was a nice break. It was tough getting stuff ready, especially for Beth since she had to do so much without my help this week.

Among the guests, my parents came over somewhat unexpectedly. It was nice to see them. The Wii was quite popular for the adults at the party, while the kids enjoyed playing with Transformers, Legos, fake sand, and even real sand in the back yard. After I gave a demonstration of the Wii Fit, my dad was interested, so I set up a Mii for him with feedback from my dad and others in the room. Someone commented that his Mii looked like Gene Simmons when I was done. Dad got a great Wii Fit age, which he said didn't feel at all accurate. "You're not wearing this body." We played Bowling after Dad tried out the Soccer game and the Ski Jump. I finished the Bowling game with a new high score before we went on to my son's new favorite.

The addition of Cars: Mater-National gives us a racing game somewhat in the style of GTA, but obviously more for kids. The story mode seems to be a quite open so that you can just drive around all you want. There are places where you can go and have races or have other goals. Before going into the story mode we tried Versus mode only to find that there weren't many options. There was only one track to race on, which we're assuming will be opened up more within story mode. There was one other mode which seemed like a really simple version of Guitar Hero, just follow the rhythm of the song playing (which I couldn't hear clearly enough to know the rhythm) and press the A button when the note symbol got to the right spot on the screen. I really hope that story mode will unlock more Versus features, because they seem seriously lacking at this point, but maybe a kid wouldn't mind racing on the same track so much.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)