Author Topic: Do Not Disturb  (Read 4000 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Do Not Disturb
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:06:55 »
This weekend we got tons of calls from some crazy automated phone system that probably wasn't even supposed to be on. The few times that we tried to answer the phone there was no one there. My wife even tried calling the number back only to find out that the place was closed. So... we've had our phone on "Do Not Disturb" for the past few days. It's a bit more difficult to notice phone messages right now, but it's better than hearing the phone ring or the answering machine kick on every 15 minutes.

Speaking of "Do Not Disturb" mode, I'm going to have to do that myself for this week... at least a few days. I'm slam packed full of stuff to do between Speech, Ethics, and Accounting. I have VB.Net Programming on top of that, but fortunately, that's pretty easy for me. Of course, some of the added stress is my fault because I wasn't reading the Syllabus on a regular basis to notice what the Speech quiz on Wednesday is covering - which is 4 chapters in the book that I didn't even know were assigned reading. There's a paper due on Thursday for Ethics, and Accounting just takes forever to do. Hopefully I can have everything done by Friday so that I can actually kick back this weekend.

(Of course... if the site goes down or if you really need to talk to me, send me an email or give me a call.)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Do Not Disturb
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 17:13:44 »
Just a quick update: I've still got plenty of homework to do this weekend. I've got another research paper due next week too, so next week is probably going to be pretty heavy on me too. I appreciate the help from TylerChuit and Wyldwing with keeping the spam cleared out of the forum, especially since I haven't been on here for days (something highly unusual for me). Once again, if you need to contact me about anything, please send me an email since I might not be back on here for another week.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)