Author Topic: Star][craft  (Read 8589 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Star][craft
« on: February 26, 2010, 21:47:24 »
Blizzard has their own podcast.  The newest one, Episode 13, deals primarily with the 'open beta' release of Starcraft 2.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/blizzcast/archive/episode13.html

They geek out pretty heavily on strategies of the new PvP, tech tree options, and new alien artifact tree which lets you incorperate the other races tech into your own. 
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Star][craft
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 04:29:40 »
I used to "Geek Out" back when I had more time...

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 12:32:20 »
Something else that I'll try to look into in about a week.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 20:09:36 »
well to day i pre-ordered starcraft 2 collectors edition today and i think i got two beta keys ill give the extra one to one of you guys if you want it TylerChuit has first dibs thou

cinemax

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 19:19:43 »
I wonder how video card heavy it is? I remember the original was pretty nice even if you had an older PC.

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 20:39:10 »
thay say 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card  i have not had a chanch to play it for my self because of a patch loop bug so thats all i can really say

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 17:19:51 »
I was trying to get one of those a while back, but my intent was to give it to Dragon. Thanks for the special consideration though. :)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 19:07:53 »
i have had a chanch to play it now i have a geforce 8600 gt and it plays fine

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 22:39:51 »
Thanks guys. I'd love to check out SC2... as you may know the original StarCraft is one of my all time favorite video games. Right now I'm quite busy with wrapping up school along with some other things. Hopefully in the not too distant future I'll have time to look into it.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 18:57:13 »
well to day i pre-ordered starcraft 2 collectors edition today and i think i got two beta keys ill give the extra one to one of you guys if you want it TylerChuit has first dibs thou

Actually, do you play WoW?  Because I was looking at the special features of the Collector's Edition, and if it's not built in to Battle.net somehow, I'd be interested in opening negotiations for the "Mini Thor" WoW pet that comes with the game. ;D

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 20:01:52 »
i was all ready planing to sell it on eBay so ya i have no intrest in keeping it but I'm not sure how there doing it but if i can ya sure

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 14:40:05 »
i just picked up starcraft 2 to day and sorry Chris but the pet appears to be connected to my blizzard account

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 18:45:18 »
I noticed the sign for the StarCraft 2 release last time I was at Wal-Mart. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up soon, but I've got to get some bills paid first.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 05:09:13 »
i just picked up starcraft 2 to day and sorry Chris but the pet appears to be connected to my blizzard account

Ahh, ok.  Thanks for checking though.