Linked Events

• Firefox 3 launches: June 17, 2008

Author Topic: Firefox 3 launches on June 17, 2008  (Read 8602 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Firefox 3 launches on June 17, 2008
« on: June 12, 2008, 21:31:21 »

The official date for the launch of Firefox 3 is June 17, 2008. Pledge to get Firefox 3 during Download Day to set the Guinness World Record for Most Software Downloaded in 24 Hours.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
Re: Firefox 3 launches on June 17, 2008
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 14:09:08 »
Anyone else here planning to download Firefox 3 tomorrow?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 17:40:23 »
Yeah I'll do it.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 09:05:33 »
I just found out that Download Day starts at 1:00 p.m. (10:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time) today.

(For local times see: http://tinyurl.com/4e7fv5)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 13:44:25 »
LOL... apparently their servers probably weren't ready to handle this many requests, since the site is down right now.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 15:23:57 »
spreadfirefox.com is up and down sporadically, but in my email about this even there was a link to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?p=downloadday which appears to be working properly at the moment. This site is now being viewed through FireFox 3.   ;D

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 15:49:18 »
Any problems yet? I'm going to download it when I get off work tonight.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 17:32:10 »
No problems that I've noticed yet. I had previously installed one of the beta versions on my computer at work and it was fine for the most part there too. However there was some reason that I uninstalled it before and I can't remember why that was right now. Anyway, I like the new look (I use small icons... I don't like the back button "key" when using the large icons) and features (especially additional information in address bar when typing) and it does appear to load faster than FF2.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 18:30:21 by Dragon »

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 20:53:03 »
I am using it now!  Thanks for the tip.

Any time for gaming between 7/1 and 7/7?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 22:38:04 »
Firefox 3 was downloaded 8,002,530 within 24 hours starting on June 17th, 2008 for a new Guinness World Record!

With Bill Gates leaving the company, I wonder how Microsoft is feeling now.  :P