Author Topic: Halo: Interactive Strategy Game  (Read 4610 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Halo: Interactive Strategy Game
« on: September 26, 2008, 00:50:48 »

The latest computer-to-board game conversion recently hit the shelves. Apparently it is already available at Wal-Mart. According to reviews by a couple members of BGG, the game sounds a bit gimmicky and lacking. One reviewer claimed that the method of moving or attacking each turn made the game feel as if actions were moving quite fast, while the other reviewer stated the exact opposite. While the $54.99 price tag (at Funagain Games) appears to be on par with other similar crossovers lately, it appears to be a bit heavy hitting considering the lack of flare on the board. Of course, that's probably why they built in the "Interactive" feature of the game - the DVD, which is apparently not necessary to actually play the game.

I haven't played this Halo game yet, but as far as I can tell, I'd be quite happy to stick with HeroScape.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)