Author Topic: The Dark Knight  (Read 4952 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
The Dark Knight
« on: September 23, 2008, 01:28:06 »
I had a little time tonight so I decided I wanted to go out and see The Dark Knight tonight. My wife wasn't interested in seeing it in the theater (she says the volume is too loud there) so I thought I'd just end up going alone. Fortunately, Chris was interested in seeing The Dark Knight again so he came over to join me.

While we were waiting to leave for the theater Chris introduced us to Pushing Daisies. He had a DVD of the first season with him so we watched the first episode. I have to say that I'm definitely interested. I'll have to watch more.

So... how was The Dark Knight? Very cool. (Yep, that's about all I said when we left the theater.) Batman, with his vehicles and gadgets, was great. Joker and Two Face were played very well also. The movie was a bit long and might have been able to be split and stretched into two films, but together they made a good stand alone feature. I still liked Iron Man a little better as this year's favorite, but The Dark Knight was excellent. 5 stars!

By the way, Iron Man comes out on DVD at the end of this month! :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:48:42 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: The Dark Knight
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 13:02:44 »
I just have two things I didn't like about the movie: the plot and the actors!

Just kidding. Really just Maggie Gyllenhaal's glib attitude when confronting criminals.  Aren't the police supposed to be responsible for interrogating prisoners anyway, and not a DA's assistant? 

The other thing... no part of the batmobile should ever be able to drive directly up any distance of a wall.  I don't care if the underside was coated in wacky walkers, that's not how gravity and momentum work.  As a side note in that same scene, Batman seemed awfully unconcerned that the stuff he was blowing up had people really close by.

Otherwise, I really did love this movie.   Seeing it with Nathaniel was viewing number 3.  I think it even tops Iron Man for coolness.  Everyone is taking about Heath Ledger's performance, but I thought Gary Oldman was fantastic.  Also, Aaron Eckhart was a really convinging good guy turned bad.  On top of everything else, having one eye that can't blink would probably drive me over the edge too.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 13:08:56 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: The Dark Knight
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 17:58:33 »
Yeah, I was surprised with his lack of concern during that scene too. Blowing up cars that were in his way??? They were in the street - were those supposedly abandoned?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)