Author Topic: Laugh Your Way To A Better Weekend  (Read 4879 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Laugh Your Way To A Better Weekend
« on: September 22, 2008, 14:23:59 »
Last week was pretty stressful for me. When it got to the weekend it didn't seem to get much better. My wife had purchased tickets for a marriage conference called "Laugh Your Way To A Better Marriage." Unfortunately, I had so much homework to do that I was stressed out most of the time that we were in Sarasota. Thankfully, I was able to get my mind off my homework for a little while and enjoyed playing Tennis with Little Blain and going to the Siesta Key, which has the most awesome sand of any beach I've seen. I woke up early Sunday morning and worked on my homework for most of the day. I finished the quiz in Ethics class with an 85% and got 95% on my Accounting exam, with much thanks to my wife for helping me understand some vital information.

Seeing the "Laugh Your Way To A Better Marriage" video series again was a great reminder. I'd suggest that anyone having trouble in a relationship try to borrow (or buy, if you have the cash) the series. Buying the DVD series would have cost a bit less than traveling to Sarasota to watch it, but my wife thought it was a live conference initially. Looking back now, I'm very glad that my wife pushed so much to have us go to Sarasota. My homework got done and I got good grades on my tests, so, after the fact, I don't feel like I missed out on any necessary study time. Of course, while everything was going on I didn't really feel that way. It did turn out to be a very nice birthday present after all.

Since I'm sort of on the subject of birthday presents, the short time that I've had with the Nintendo Wii has been fun. My wife thought it would be good to give me something that I could have fun and exercise with at the same time. I still wondering if a membership at the local racquetball court would have been less dangerous than getting the Wii though. She couldn't find the "Wii Fit" , but Wii Sports has games that get you moving, like Bowling, Boxing, and Baseball. The Baseball game is what really killed me. While swinging that controller around like a bat and pitching the ball I injured my right shoulder. It's feeling better now, but it was hurting for about 3 days. Wii Play has been the most fun for my son, and probably the game that will get played the most in the long run, unless I download Super Mario Bros. 3. Of course, that would defeat the primary purpose of my wife buying that system, but I guess playing Tanks! isn't very physical in the first place.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 09:58:29 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

cinemax

• Gold Level
Re: Laugh Your Way To A Better Weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 18:40:08 »
Get Raving Rabbids or Raving Rabbids 2. They're fun and great for the little ones as well. We've all had a blast playing them.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 19:57:21 »
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into that.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 10:10:59 »
By the way, my son said something really funny when we were talking beforehand about taking a "mini-vacation." He started crying saying, "But I don't want to go on vacation." My wife asked, "Why not? What does vacation mean to you?" He said, "Going nowhere."  :'(  Fortunately, since we had a good time he has decided that he likes vacations now.