Linked Events

• Tuesday Twice a Month: January 26, 2010
  • Game night: March 30, 2010
  • Game night: April 20, 2010

Author Topic: Tuesday Twice a Month Group 6pm  (Read 52676 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Tuesday Twice a Month Group 6pm
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2010, 20:38:01 »
Sounds good.  It's roughly the same 45 minute drive for me to Clearwater or Port Richey.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2010, 00:29:34 »
Sorry guys, bad news regarding gaming anytime except weekends.
I took a position at work involving 8p to 5a hours. I won't be able to attend anymore 6pm gaming sessions on the weekdays.
I'll have to make the most of the weekend get togethers.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2010, 10:54:46 »
Unnamable, do you want to carpool?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2010, 18:27:54 »
ya that would be great im have some problems with my car and im not sure i would trust it that far right now

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2010, 07:42:47 »
Hey guys, sorry for bailing with such a late notice. Unfortunately, my wife is very stressed out at this time with everything going on with her mother, my mother, and other people that we know. It has really affected her ability to work, and she is very behind on her homework. She really needs me home tonight to take care of the kids so she can do her homework. I wasn't aware that she was so far behind on stuff until she mentioned this morning that she had to stay up until 4am just to turn in. There are just a few weeks left of the semester, so if we plan a gaming event late in May, school should no longer be an issue.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2010, 15:14:26 »
i will not make it eather sorry but i really don't feel comfortable driving that far at night when i only have one headlight on my car

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2010, 05:28:33 »
Sorry you guys couldn't make it.  Chris and I played Dungeon Lords (is that right) and I LOVED it.  Can't wait to play it with more players.  Unfortunately it only accommodates 4 players...so we'll have to save it for a 4 player event.  Some bad stuff happened to both Chris and I, with me losing all my rooms and Chris feeding poisoned food to an illusion...but in the end Chris beat me handily.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2010, 22:12:32 »
Sounds like it would have been fun. Dungeon Lords is a fun game. For Chris, how does the 2 player game feel compared to having 3 (or 4) players?

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2010, 21:15:37 »
Charles and I figured it probably took longer to play the 2 player game, because we had to deal with the other 2 colors as sort of NPCs, each of us having to pick a role card for one NPC minion. 

Charles controlled the red NPC we referred to as Dragon, and I controlled the Unnamable NPC.  Basically, during the order giving phase, 2 of the 3 NPC cards are random, and the 3rd is picked by their controlling player to either help their own position on the order board, or to block the other player. 

It ended up being pretty tough because the randomly chosen orders cause the NPC minions to be put into the middle spot of each task, which is usually the best spot.  For example, the middle spot for building traps is the one free trap, and it was taken by the NPCs almost every turn.

Really, though, Charles should have won that game, but we put the random event card into play for the second year, and drew a particularly nasty card called "Extra Taxes" which makes you have to pay one gold for each room or lose the room.  Unfurtunately, Charles had been getting a lot of rooms and had no gold, because he had it all taken away by regular taxes the previous round.  I won the game by 4 points, if we hadn't played with the special event card, Charles would have won by 12 points.  To be fair though, Charles drew the card. :)

I felt really bad for him too... up until the final battle, when I got totally trounced by wizards.  Every round I worked out a strategy to kill the paladin, and every round the magic card totally effed up my plans.  Got just enough damage to kill the paladin? 'This turn gives the leader one more hit point...', Poison food, huh?  'This round, there is a "phantom, 1-hit-point adventurer" in the front of the group.'  In the end, I only managed to kill 2 of the four adventurers, and like I said, the only reason I won was because Charles got dicked by the game far worse than I did.

Anyway, I'm glad Charles liked the game, and I'm sorry you guys couldn't make it.  Hopefully, we can do a weekend day soon, since Tuesdays are out for Mac.  The only problem is I know Saturdays are bad for Nathaniel, and Sundays are bad for Charles... or at least they were... I'm really not good at keeping track.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2010, 22:45:47 »
Yeah, it sounds like it would have been fun to play again.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2010, 17:19:19 »
okay, so nothing for tonight, I guess... :(

We got any plans for next week, or possibly this weekend?

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2010, 18:51:22 »
I'm up for something Friday or Saturday

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2010, 10:25:04 »
I think next week will be good. I still have another final to complete and then graduation this weekend.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2010, 00:41:19 »
Fridays would be out for me, I have to be at work by 6pm.
Saturday's could work in the early afternoon, or maybe the evening. My wife gets cranky if I don't spend time with her on Saturdays though. She is usually home by 6pm.
I have plans this coming weekend, so maybe the weekend after. We could celebrate the big man on campus's graduation.

:P
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2010, 14:49:23 »
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been online much lately. I've been rather sick for the past couple days... maybe it the pollen in the air, maybe too much stress, maybe both. Anyway, hopefully I'll be better next week and we can get together sometime.