Author Topic: Chris' "You bastard!!! Why are you going to GA" gaming farewell party!  (Read 16949 times)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
i will be there saterday but i wont get there till 12 or so work droped a surprize meeting on us saterday morning

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
My Sunday is a mess. I want to play a game I play every Sunday, it's from 11a to 1pm. I don't have it set up on my laptop, so it's a desktop leash.
My son got married last weekend, he only gave his mom and I four days notice, we weren't able to make it out there for his reception party. (notary signed his papers)
Now we find out that he's having a pool party Saturday. My wife has to work and I'll be in Clearwater. I'm hoping he understands.
He is coming to stay with us the 14 thru the 16th. He leaves for Army boot camp on the 16th.

Needless to say, a very busy couple of days this weekend.

I'm down with gaming on both Saturday and Sunday, looks like I may be able to get out to your place a little earlier on Saturday, whereas it'll be around 2pm on Sunday instead.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Okay, here's my plan.
I can be out at Charles' place on Saturday around 10am. I'll stay until about 9pm or so.
Sunday I'll come back out around 2pm until 7pm. I'd like to leave at 7pm for sure.

Hopefully we'll get plenty of games in during that time. Or just a big game or two.

Either way, that's what I can do this weekend.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
That sounds like a good run to me. 

Anyone interested if I bring one of the  Rifftrax movies in case we need a break from the gaming?  I have The Matrix, Cloverfield, & Jurrasic Park (just the audio, someone else would have to have that movie).

Sound good?

Oh, and Chris, any word if your friends will be showing up for this?  More = merrier.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:00:52 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
no it was to late for them to request off i did get out of going to that meeting so i should be there earlier

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
No interest in movies for me...it's all about the gaming!

Let's make the official start time on Saturday morning 10am.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Game day was fun!

We played SmallWorld, Dominion, Wyatt Earp, Decent, Betrayal, Ticket to Ride Switzerland, Dungeon Lords, Pirateer, Liar's Dice and I even got a game of St. Petersburg without having to play Carcasonne!  It was a fairly good couple of days.  I won my fair share and partnered in a victory with The Unnameable in one game.

I did find myself snapping at TylerChuit a couple times and actually cut the day short by about an hour because of the conflicts we were having.  Typically, my friend Patrick and I get snappy over different rule interpretations, but it wasn't that.  TylerChuit likes to "remind" you about the rules in a rude, insulting fashion which I found very offensive more than once.  He didn't use these exact words, but the attitude that I felt coming was 'You stupid idiot...we've played this before...how can you not know all the rules?'  I believe some of what he said was in jest "Cheater" but the constant barrage of insults put a damper on the whole experience.

I don't mind being reminded of the rules, and I don't think they need to be explained each time, but I would appreciate a more gentle reminder.  "Hey...you aren't using the Ghouls...were you aware that you can still attack with them" is a lot better and gets the same point across without looking like an a$$hole.

All in all, I will miss TylerChuit as he moves to GA, and I look forward to gaming with him in the future, but I'm a little glad that it won't happen for at least a few months.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
My apologies.  I'm pinning this one on the stress of the move, which has been making me anxious and moody for the past few months.

I was hoping the event would take my mind off stuff, but I just kept thinking of how much I lad left to do, and how little time I have to do it.

Thank you Charles for hosting the weekend, and I hope your family enjoyed the rest of the enchiladas.  Sorry I was such an asshole with money stuffed in it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 16:55:14 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"