Linked Events

• Cwater Games - Sat 12-Sun 3pm : January 23, 2010

Author Topic: Possible Gaming in Clearwater?  (Read 11989 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Possible Gaming in Clearwater?
« on: January 12, 2010, 18:04:21 »
My place...Saturday around noon through Sunday around 3pm???

My wife will be out of town.  So plan on spending the night and gaming til late!!! Woo Hoo!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Possible Gaming in Clearwater?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:40:00 »
I might possibly be able to make it for a few hours on Sunday. (Beth doesn't want me away overnight.)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 13:53:15 »
... In. 8)
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:29:36 »
I hope I'm not sounding like a broken record.

My cousin is coming in next Thursday, she'll be leaving Sunday at 9am out of Tampa airport.
I'm not going to make it Saturday, however, Sunday looks good for around 9am til whenever.

Dragon, I know we talked about car pooling that day, however, I'll be taking Robin to the airport that morning. I could give you a ride home, if that helps.    ;)
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 09:34:39 »
hehe.  Yeah, Dragon, that would definately cut down on your gas usage if you left your car at Wylder's house. ;D

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 15:56:18 »
Since this will be a multi-day event, any interest in breaking out Twilight Imperium?  I can look into options for a faster start to maybe shave an hour or so off the time.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 19:35:16 »
Before I answer that....how many are coming and for how long?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 20:34:37 »
On top of my regular classes this week, I have an assignment for a class that I'm testing out of, so my attendance at this point is somewhat unlikely. If I do make it, I will only be coming for a few hours on Sunday.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 08:07:22 »
I was planning for the times you said up top.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 11:34:57 »
I have my cousin in town. I'll be able to make it for Sunday. Around 9am until 3pm, I guess.
I'm able to give Dragon a ride to and from the event on Sunday.

Mac

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 22:25:10 »
How many does Twilight take (2 player?) and how many hours can we limit it to?

If it's just you and I on Saturday Chris, I could see spending 3-4 hours doing that.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 13:19:03 »
Due to my mom's worsening condition, I won't be joining you for this event. Have fun. I hope someone posts something about the games that get played.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 13:27:14 »
Will I be the only one joining in on Sunday morning?
If so, I'd hate to say it, however, I'd be interested in trying Twilight Imperium. Maybe after you guys get a game in on Saturday, you can try your strategies on ignorant old me the next day.
Are there any plans for what games to play on Sunday?
I did like the Dominion game. Are there any four player or less games that we haven't gotten around to playing lately. I know we had to skip a few 'cause we had too many players.

I should be at your place by 9am Sunday. If I'm able to get there sooner, is it okay if I show up and ring the doorbell, maybe an hour earlier?

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 14:46:39 »
There is a special variant for 2 players, but it recommends at least 3, so Sunday morning might be better.  If you are there earlier, it would give us more time to go over the instructions, but that's Wyldwing's call.

----

Sorry to hear about your mom, Dragon.  I've been there.  It's definately better to spend time with her when you can.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 17:47:00 »
Basically, the game day starts at noon on Saturday and goes through to Sunday at about 3pm.  So Mac, if you wanted to show up a 7am, it wouldn't be a problem.  So yeah...early is good.  Wifey is out of town, so there is noone here to wake up except for Chris and I...we should have plenty of snuggle time before 7am...Wife and kids get home at 3pm and I will not have seen them for a few days.  So once we finish the game that we are playing when they get home...we call it a day.

Chris, if you can bone up on TI instructions before Saturday, let's try that on Sunday morning.  But I don't want to go beyond 4 hours.  or...we can revisit it at 4 hours and if we unimiously agree to continue we will...otherwise...we move on.

Dominion should get played...fer sure...I will review the rules on Puerto Rico, because I'd love to play that...and Power Grid is always in Chris' car.

There will be no wings and no pizza for me.  I am dieting and being VERY good.  Taco Bell or Chick Fil A are possible...maybe even KFC as I can eat relatively healthy at those locations....Chris...you'll be thrilled to hear that Checkers is right out.