Linked Events

• Game Day: January 10, 2010

Author Topic: January 10th, 2010 - All Day Game Day in Clearwater!  (Read 14200 times)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: January 10th, 2010 - All Day Game Day in Clearwater!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 10:02:51 »
I've had a change of plans.
My cousins flight got cancelled due to 12 inches of snow at the airport.  >:(
I can drive Unamable and Dragon. As long as Dragon doesn't mind sitting in the back seat. There shouldn't be a shortage of space, just easier for Unamable to get in and out.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 18:52:10 »
Ouch. So, is your cousin still going to be around that weekend? If you've got room for me and my games, I don't mind riding in the back seat.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 19:11:14 »
that's probably for the best i remembered this morning at 630 when i was heading out for work that i have no heater in my car so if it stays as cold as this it would have been a Farly cold ride

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 09:26:54 »
Hey guys, Beth noticed on Wyldwing's Facebook account that he and his whole family are sick. We'll pray that he and his family make a speedy recovery before game day so that I can go. Although he has no problem continuing to host the Game Day, under the circumstances, I'm going to have to bail unless Wyldwing can confirm that the sickness has cleared up. I just spent half the week out of commission due to a headache, sore throat, and constant tiredness that kept me sleeping for about 15 hours each night. With the first day of classes being Monday, I can't afford to have a relapse.

:(
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 02:32:37 »
I'm good to go. I'll call Dragon in the morning, around 8am. If he's going, I'd like to pick him up around 8:15am.
Then I'll head on over to Unamable's place around 8:30am, five minutes from Dragon.
We should make it to Wyldwing's place by 9am.
If we have to stop anywhere, for drinks or snacks, we'll be there later.

mac

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 07:13:35 »
Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  I got home from the movies late and wanted to crawl right into bed and didn't realize there was something I needed to respond to. 

Yup...I'm still sick.  I have the sniffles and my nose is running, thus I am blowing.  Maybe one of you could pick up some hand sanitizer on your way here (I'll pay you back) and what I could do is use that constantly throughout the day.  Wish I'd thought of that yesterday!

I am taking Sudafed which makes it all better for about 5 hours...then I take another pill.

Nathaniel, as with everyone else that is coming, I am hoping you can make it.  Should you decide it's too risky, I'll understand.  One option would be to not make out with me while you're here.  I know it would be difficult, but it would go pretty far in keeping you healthly.

Anyway...I will be good to go at 9am.  Whomever is here...WILL BE ENTERTAINED!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 07:59:24 »
I'll pick up sanitizer on my way in.
I don't think Dragon will be coming since you're still sick.
Unamable and myself should be there right around 9am.
Although I'll have to stop and get some money, as well as the sanitizer, on the way.

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 22:13:36 »
I am definitely glad that I went, and very glad that Wyldwing was no where near as sickly as I had imagined from his Facebook post.

Let's see if I can remember which games we played this time. Please remind me if I've missed any.

• Liars Dice, using my Milton Bradley board with Wyldwing's Perudo dice and cups set (including Wendy)
  • Scotland Yard (Wyldwing as Mr. X)
  • Wits & Wagers (including Wendy and Kami)
  • Galaxy Trucker (Dragon, The Unnamable, Wyldwing, and TylerChuit)
  • Sharp Shooters (Mac, Wendy, and Kami)
  • Cash 'N' Guns (including Kami)
  • Dominion (multiple games)

I know we were planning to play Cosmic Encounter again since it was so well received last time and The Unnamable hadn't played the new version yet, but we never got around to it. We were also supposed to have another guest named Allie (sp?) but she never arrived either.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 17:57:07 »
Yup...and she didn't respond to my e-mail either...WIERD!

I'll see if she contacts me back..if not, I'll just chalk it up to...well...not sure...but I'm not for chasing poeple that don't want to spend time with me... you know?

I know that Ticket to Ride was played by Kamryn, Wendy and Mac.  Apparently Kamryn SLAUGHTERED the competition!!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 09:33:28 »
I had a good time, thanks for hosting Wyldwing.
Let's make sure and get Cosmic Encounter in next time.

Dragon, if you're willing to ride the back seat, and take a road trip to the airport, I'm willing to drive you to and from the next big event.