Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 8075 times)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Modern Warfare 2
« on: January 06, 2010, 08:40:01 »
My buddy and I both received this game for Christmas. While we have yet to play together on-line, we have been talking about the missions.
The third mission in is despicable. The game asks you at the start, and again when you get to this mission, if you want to skip it. It involves a serious moral question. I'll not give it away on the forum, however, if you want to send me a message, I'll let out some details.
Overall, a good game, with the newest weaponry. I look forward to playing on-line with my buddy Josh tonight.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 13:13:16 »
I've read about the purpose of that mission. Apparently it was just to help set the plot. I think that enough of it could have been just included as a cut scene to get the point. At least there's no penalty for skipping it.

Do you play Multi-Player or Special Ops with your friend?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 17:41:50 »
I wanna know!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:07:08 »
Without the mission, the story wouldn't make any sense. It is necessary, however, the brutality of it is not suitable for younger players.
I'll send you a PM Wyldwing.
I have not had a chance to play on-line with my buddy yet. I tried all three options last night, I don't care for the Deathmatch. I was matched with 45-70 lvl players, I was only 2 lvl when I finished 8 games. Very frustrating. I got shot by a jet fighter, a smart bomb, not to mention all the times I was knifed from behind. Very uneven playing field. I'll probably never play that type of game again. I don't have 90 hours a week to build up my lvls to make the game even.
I look forward to trying the Special Ops with my buddy, maybe tonight we'll both be on.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 19:01:27 »
Yeah, I agree with you about the Deathmatch. I'm at level 28 now and I've owned the game since the day it came out. If I do get into the Multiplayer stuff I'd rather play Sabotage or one of the other game types that allow you to do some stuff other than just run around shooting as fast as you can. There is another guy I know that has MW2 also though, and I've thought that maybe if we practiced in a private game together for a while it would be more fun in the public games... sort of like a clan. I don't know if you (or the other guys) would be interested in that... eh... probably wouldn't fit my schedule anyway.

Special Ops is awesome though! Maybe we can play sometime that your other friend can't. My brother works 24-hours at a time, and unfortunately many nights he is at work, too tired from a long day before, or gearing up for the next day, so it doesn't work out for us to play very often in the evening. If you're interested, let me know.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 02:40:13 »
heck yeah, I'm interested.
My sign in is,   tampamac2008

I'm usually looking to play around 10pm until 2am. However, I have this whole week off, I'd be interested in playing just about any time. Maybe at the game day we can set up some days and times this week. Feel free to give me a call, my minutes are not in danger of going over. I can provide my cell number if you don't have it.

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 22:44:45 »
Definitely looking forward to playing more of this again. This is one game where I seem to need to stay on top of or else I struggle to get through the areas I'm at. Of course, In Spec Ops I'm up to Hardened and Veteran levels for everything and I haven't had to the time to play every day like I had at one point and without the regular practice those levels are really tough to beat.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 01:03:27 »
Wish we could play multiplayer with only the three of us. My buddy Josh rounding out that number.
I feel like such a noob on the eight on eight games. I am dragging down the team for sure. I think we played five games, I had three kills. Mostly from the enemy walking right into my gunfire. I think my shooting probably brought the enemy to me, most of the time.

Anyways, I still liked playing, just not as much as if it had only been the three of us.

Mac

ps, I so much prefer the Borderlands game. You can pick how many and who is in your game.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 07:49:07 »
We could play a Private Game with just the 3 of us, but having played 3-player games on split-screen, they aren't quite as exciting as the online games that have a handful of guys on each team. However, since it would be like training for us, maybe it would be better than just jumping into action with those Prestige earners who don't have any better tips than to "get better."  I'm glad that the guy we were playing with in the Estate game eventually started saying more of what we should do. I also think it was pretty impressive that those last couple games got into overtime.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 02:08:31 »
I think the overtime games were the other team wanting to rack up kills against the noobs.
Just my two cents.

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 07:58:11 »
Yeah, you might be right. I was thinking that may have been a possibility before too. Now that I'm thinking about it, that makes a lot of sense for them to do that since they probably get more XP for all the kills than if they had completed the mission.

If you and your friend want to play a private 3-player game sometime, let me know.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 00:47:36 »
How's the schooling?
I'll get with my friend Wednesday, maybe that will be a good day. Of course, if he can't make it, maybe we can play the two player special ops mode.

Mac

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 07:55:03 »
Other than an online class through SitePoint just to refresh and expand my knowledge of JavaScript, I'm done with classes for now. I've completed my degree, got double honors, Magna Cum Laude for my degree in Computer Programming & Analysis. The graduation ceremony was the day before my mom died.

Today I need to work on my van. There's a valve/sensor that needs to be replaced and it looks like something that I could do without having to take it into a shop. Hopefully it will clear up the engine light and then hopefully we can sell the van. My brother Tim might be coming over to help, so I probably won't be playing online today. I'll let you know if that changes though.