Author Topic: The Welcome Board  (Read 3514 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
The Welcome Board
« on: December 22, 2009, 06:34:41 »
I've given up trying to moderate the Welcome board.  The flow is just constant.

I have shut it down on my main viewing screen.  Is there a way to stop it from updating my "most current" post lists down at the bottom with Welcome screen items?  In other words...can I exclude that one?

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: The Welcome Board
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 07:53:17 »
Agreed.  I've blocked whole wierd foreign providers, but it's getting more obnoxious by the day. 

The only ones I worry about now are the ones that post their 4th message in a different thread.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: The Welcome Board
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 16:58:15 »
About the only thing I do in the Welcome board any more is delete the smut spammers and the spammers that get out into the other sections. I do mass deletions in that board after I've checked for those guys. If you'd prefer not to be a moderator anymore I can remove you from that position, otherwise I don't think there is a way for you to shut off that section from the Most Current posts.

By the way... you won't see those Welcome board posts on the home page because that page saves copies of certain data as a visitor who is not logged in so that the page will load faster. It's not updated in real time.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 10:41:42 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)