Linked Events

• Game Day: December 27, 2009

Author Topic: December 27th '09 Game Day  (Read 20420 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
December 27th '09 Game Day
« on: November 30, 2009, 17:44:55 »
Not only can I game a day during this time...I am going to bring someone new into the mix!!!  Someone...female...

You will like her...she has a great personality and loves games.

Does the 27th work for everyone?

[Update: added to calendar]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:13:55 by Dragon »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: December 27th '09 Game Day
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 18:02:16 »
The 27th sounds reasonable to me.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 19:28:54 »
27th sounds great.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:52:14 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 20:20:56 »
Let me see if that works for my "mystery guest".

By the way...here is an excerpt from the "mystery guest's" last e-mail to me.

"YOU PLAY SETTLERS OF CATAN!!! Lol I own the expansion pack!! The rest of the games I don't know. But I LOVE new games. I live in the St. Pete area right new the Howard Franklin bridge. I cannot believe there is a website dedicated to our addiction! Please set up a time in December, that would be so much fun! I will do my homework and research all the games you listed just to be prepared =) I'm really excited. I do not get to play board games enough."

Have I peaked some interest?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 20:36:07 by Wyldwing »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 20:43:25 »
Cool. How did you meet this mystery guest?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 07:38:12 »
I met her on Jury Duty!!!  Can you believe that she and I did crossword puzzles together and I never once thought about bringing in a game?  I didn't find out until AFTERWARDS that she was a gamer too!!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 12:17:20 »
I look forward to the day, however, not knowing what my future holds, I can only tenatively say I'll make it.

Has a location been decided on yet?
I'm going to assume it's another 12 hour event, 9am to 9pm, give or take?

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 18:31:34 »
That's what I'm envisioning.   I can host.  I like that and Wendy likes knowing where I am, and she knows that she and the kids need to be scarce!!   :D

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 00:12:27 »
That sounds fine with me. I haven't talked with my wife about it yet, but I can't imagine that being a big problem for me to attend.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 18:06:47 »
Dragon...just remember it's starts at 9 IN THE MORNING!!!

And bad news from the Mystery Guest...here is her latest e-mail...   :-[

Of course you can call me Ali!! Sorry I am really slacking on my email lately. I am usually much better about responding... Now why did you have to pick the 27th???!! I get back from a ski trip on the 28th........ AG so unfair!! I really want to learn how to power grid... or michigan... or any of the other crazy sound games that you mentioned. How often do you guys play games... Please don't say like every other month because if I have to wait a long time for game night...... well lets just say there might be tears.

I mentioned the possibility of a Mid-January to kind of kick off busy-season...we'll see if she can attend that one!!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 16:17:29 »
Have you told her about your unavailability in the coming months?  ::)

Gosh, if she has to wait until after April 15th, she may become a stalker.    ;D
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 17:34:54 »
I'm asking ALI what Sunday in January might work.  Nathaniel...can you commit to a Sunday in early January so we can include Ali in our first all day game day of 2010???

Chris, I believe you're fairly flexible...and most of us could be...Nathaniel and I seem to be the problem children when it comes to scheduling...

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 20:19:35 »
My class schedule would permit another event early in January, but two 12-hour game days that close together might be a bit tough to get a wife's approval for any man. I'll talk with Beth about it though.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 08:41:12 »
From what was discussed last night at Unnamable's, both of us have pretty open schedules. 

Yeah, our fearless leader is definately the bottleneck to our gaming experience. ;)

"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 09:36:35 »
Sorry guys. I'm almost done with class this semester. Any plans for doing something next week? Unfortunately, next semester I have night classes two - three nights each week, so that is going to shut out most week days for me completely. (I couldn't get anything else with the classes that I need.) Fortunately, half of my classes are programming classes, which is something that enjoy and hopefully will be able to get those done quicker to allow for more opportunities for at least a little more gaming. Since the rest of my week will be locked into a schedule that I can't modify, I'm going to try to get Tuesday nights freed up.