Author Topic: Mom's Faith  (Read 3231 times)

Beth

• Bronze Level
Mom's Faith
« on: November 29, 2009, 01:20:19 »
We just got back from my parent's in law's house.  My husband's mom is fighting for her life against this horrible illness of cancer.  She so wants God to be glorified through this whole fight.  She is so praying that her unsaved family will come to God.  Her family has come in from Michigan to be with her.  It is wonderful to see the love of everyone surrounding her.  She is so full of faith through out this fight.  We know either way she will be healed whether here on earth or in heaven.  I would never want to go through something like this without God and the hope of being able to see your family again in heaven.  Please pray for her and make sure your heart is right with God.  We never know when our time will be.
My shoes aren't on the wrong feet.  These are my feet.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Mom's Faith
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 01:18:59 »
For those interested in knowing what's going on in our family life, a majority of this Thanksgiving weekend was spent visiting my relatives (or driving to and from those visits).

My grandparents came down to Florida from Michigan, bringing two of my uncles and an aunt with them. They arrived the evening of Thanksgiving. I found out that evening that my uncle Stuart, my mom's brother, had passed away the week before. (Apparently with everything going on lately, everyone assumed I had heard from someone.) He was a smoker, and I believe he got cancer in the throat or lungs. He was just recently diagnosed with it... just earlier this month or late last month if I remember correctly.

Half of Friday was spent working with my dad and uncles, trying to help finish a job so that my dad could get paid.

On Saturday we had to go to the vet's office because a cat that we recently had spayed was splitting at the point of incision. Once that was checked out, we drove back home and then back out to visit the family again. That night, my (Great) Aunt Dawn and Uncle Joe arrived, but only stayed for a short time that night before heading out to a hotel.

Upon request of my mother and grandfather, we all returned Sunday morning and attended the church service. Unfortunately my mom was not feeling well enough to join us at that service. She was asleep when we went back to their house after service. We did get some nice family pictures taken before everyone had to leave though. Grandma and Grandpa had to head back today, but Aunt Dawn and Uncle Joe are staying for a few days or so.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)