Author Topic: Call of Duty 4  (Read 14057 times)

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
Call of Duty 4
« on: May 14, 2008, 00:01:59 »
Any one here play this? I swear the multi-player is like online crack, I can't get enough of it.

E3 Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeIpimL0rWE&feature=related

Multi-Player game Play on 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6nPzvv-WLs&feature=related

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Call of Duty 4
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:18:39 »
That looks very cool. Do you play it on PC or 360? I wish I had a system for gaming... I guess I'd need more time too. Maybe next year.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 01:25:56 »
That looks very cool. Do you play it on PC or 360? I wish I had a system for gaming... I guess I'd need more time too. Maybe next year.

It's on PC, 360, PS3 and Nintendo DS.

Ernie

• Gold Level
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:04:49 »
While I do not have any platform systems, I have been over to a friends house and played it for his 360Live..and I must say: I LOVE IT!!!

I would buy a 360 just for this game alone! lol
Click on this link and help hatch my Dragons!
http://dragcave.net/user/Y%27oshii%20Capone

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 11:25:11 »
While I do not have any platform systems, I have been over to a friends house and played it for his 360Live..and I must say: I LOVE IT!!!

I would buy a 360 just for this game alone! lol

We've convinced a couple of people in the response center to do just that.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 18:31:09 »
Is it better on the 360 than PS3, or are there other reasons you prefer the 360?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 09:45:03 »
I choose the 360 version cuz that's what I have. I haven't seen too many games on the PS3 that I need to play.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 10:59:27 »
Oh there are plenty...you just are ignoring the truth.

Haze
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance: Fall of Man 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Motorstorm

Just a few!

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 22:29:13 »
Oh there are plenty...you just are ignoring the truth.

Haze
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance: Fall of Man 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Motorstorm

Just a few!

Yeah, those are good games. I choose the 360 because when I was at the Tokyo Game Show last year I played the demo for Ace Combat 6 . Right there I knew that  I need one. I played lots of games on the PS3 there and nothing made me feel like I had to buy one. Also all the people I work with have the 360.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IKgOAdnZ7Aw

Maybe I'll pick a PS3 up when the next God of War comes out.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 12:22:36 »
I played Call of Duty 2 on XBox360 at my friend's house yesterday. Very cool game. We played 4 player split screen. Very fun, but I noticed that I missed being able to hear where people or shots were coming from like when I used to play Half-Life on my computer.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 10:42:23 »
Blain got Call of Duty 4 a couple days ago. I got to try it out last night. It was pretty cool. The new weapons and the air support were some cool improvements over CoD2. Unfortunately, the manual for the game doesn't describe the game settings very well and it took some experimenting with settings to get the game a little closer to something we liked from CoD2 - the compass.

In CoD2 the compass not only shows which direction you're facing (very helpful when trying to find your way around a new map) but it also shows a blip of your opponents whenever they fire their weapons. This helps to track everyone down since you have no sense of where sounds are coming from when playing split-screen deathmatch. (I was commenting on how it would be nice in the future to have headsets that provide personalized sound for each player.) Anyway, by settings "Radar Always On: Off" and "Old School Mode: Enabled" we found that the Radar image would show the blips of the opponents when they fired rather than all the time, which is apparently the default setting. It greatly improves the game in my opinion because the default setting kind of encourages players to fight by staring at their radar most of the game.

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 12:40:18 »
If you play hardcore or Old School you don't get the HUD or the compass unless you get a three kill streak then call in the UAV. Regular mode you get both.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 13:12:31 »
We just saw the "Radar" after 3 kills, which showed the dot where the other players were even when they hadn't fired a shot. I never noticed directions (N,E,S,W) on the map with any setting that we tried.

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 15:18:50 »
Yeah the compass is kinda hidden above the radar. I had no idea it was there until about a month ago.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 15:54:13 »
Ahh... I see it in this image. That's a single player screenshot though and there is much more detail (info) on display. Are you sure that compass shows up above the radar in splitscreen mode?