Author Topic: help with image upload  (Read 13206 times)

bandit01

• Bronze Level
help with image upload
« on: October 27, 2009, 07:06:19 »
i was going to share some pics of my collection.but it wont let my no matter what i do it says file to large. what is wrong? can someone help me?

Update 2009-10-30: Subject
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 16:45:40 by Dragon »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Image Resizer [Re: help]
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:11:59 »
The file size limit is 128 KB, so if you resize it to approximately 800x600 it should fit.

If you don't have Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, or even if you do, you might want to try this online application that I found:

http://www.resize2mail.com/
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

bandit01

• Bronze Level
Re: help
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 15:50:49 »
thanks!!! it worked good. thanks again

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
Re: help with image upload
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 01:01:13 »
Here's another online image editor that some of you may find useful:

http://www.picresize.com/
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 00:13:34 »
Hey guys, sorry about the delay in getting the attachments folder accessible again. It should be fine for uploading images again.

fatboyfsx

• Bronze Level
  • white guy
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 16:57:12 »
A great site for editing pictures is pixlr.com, basically like a simple photoshop program on in browser.  Works really well.  Photobucket is great for uploading free pics too. 
"When the going gets tough, Outlaw gets even tougher"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 23:47:49 »
Image Resizer is a great one, in my experience, and one that I've been trying out recently. You can resize the images by a percentage of the original, or a max number of pixels, and you can even specify a target filesize, which is really nice for images here. For example, a photo that I uploaded today, I resized by 50% and set the max filesize to 400KB. Other resizing tools online that I've tried only allow a image width or height to be the determining factor, but on Image Resizer, you actually can keep your image large while reducing the filesize and keeping a nice amount of image clarity.