Author Topic: My Tyco's & Radio Shack 4x4 Trucks  (Read 10197 times)

Mark

• Bronze Level
My Tyco's & Radio Shack 4x4 Trucks
« on: June 26, 2017, 20:12:51 »
Hey everyone. It's been years since i've posted here, good to see the site is still here. I just started collecting again and wanted to share some pics.

Original Tyco Turbo Hopper both red and black
Tyco Aero Hopper
Tyco Eliminator
Tyco 9.6V Battery pack with charger and packaging

And the Radio Shack  4x4 Off Roader trucks

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 15:23:47 by Mark »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: My Tyco's & Radio Shack 4x4 Trucks
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 23:25:47 »
Very cool. Thanks for joining us on the forum again.

By the way, I really like the looks of that Eliminator. I've been looking at those for a while since they always reminded me of the Tyco Bandit. Have you ever had a Tyco Bandit to compare how the two of them handle?

One other thing that I just thought of, since I see one in your collection... I believe that I have the original artwork of the Aero Turbo Hopper, although sadly it's packed away. It's not up on my wall since I don't have much display room near my desk in my den.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 18:36:53 »
I've had a couple Bandits in the past. I know the Eliminator actually has articulation in the rear suspension as it allows the rear pivot point to not only pivot, but also move up and down where the screw pin mounts it to the main chassis where as the Bandit only allows it to pivot on the pin same as the Turbo Hoppers...not sure if Im explaining that well enough. And from what I remember on the Bandits, the Eliminator has just a little bit longer shocks on the rear, but I think the front suspension is pretty close, if not the same.

I was really surprised by how active the rear suspension is on the Eliminator with the longer travel and it also seems to have softer springs.

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 13:29:28 »
I picked up another Eliminator. This one was really dirty and full of really fine beach sand when I got it. Also missing are the roll bar lights and it has a broken tab on the battery door on the truck. When I first got I could just barely turn the rear wheels. I removed the gearbox from the truck, removed the motor, and split the gear box as much as i could. This allowed me to blow out all the beach sand and with a few rounds of de-greaser and compressed air I was able to turn the rear axle and actually move the gear selector. The box for this one is in nice shape, and after a lot of cleaning on the truck it displays pretty good.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 15:16:02 by Mark »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 18:14:54 »
Hey Mark, it looks like you've exceeded your hosting limit for photobucket, but you can upload images to your post here. They might need to be reduced in size for the forum restrictions, but it is an option.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 20:36:16 »
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 15:30:46 by Mark »

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 09:34:23 »
Well after lots of searching I lucked out and found a good deal on a new open box 9.6V Turbo Bandit, I've never seen one so mint before.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 19:49:00 »
That does look awesome! Does it even run?  :o Seems too good to be true.

Mark

• Bronze Level
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 14:42:51 »
Tyco 9.6V Turbo Blaster added to the collection. This is another Ebay find complete with box in very nice condition. This was my first Tyco 9.6V car as a kid back in the day so it's nice to have it in the collection.