Author Topic: Tank Battle / Campers / a Looney Pyramids game  (Read 5313 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Tank Battle / Campers / a Looney Pyramids game
« on: August 12, 2015, 00:36:46 »
I finally expanded my collection of Looney Pyramids so that I have the equivalent of 5 Monochrome/Rainbow Stashes. My recent purchase was for another IceDice set, and just yesterday, while I was playing IceDice with my youngest daughters, I got an idea for a new game - a tank battle... or something we might call "Campers."

Tonight I finished working out some initial rules and I even had a chance to try out the game with my wife. Our first game ended with a score of 48 to 41. Beth thought she was winning but I had a few more high valued locations that she wasn't able to get to until too late in the game. She thought it was a good game and I hope that she liked it enough to play again. I think she will.

I made a video recording while I was figuring out how the game would work, and I recorded another short video after playing the game with Beth, so my plan is to write out the rules within a few days. Maybe I'll post a video online too.

Anyway, if you're interested in buying a set of these versatile game pieces, please use my link here if you're going to buy it online!

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Tank Battle / Campers / a Looney Pyramids game
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 19:08:29 »
I think I have a name for the game now which could match my original military control idea and my wife's "Mobile home" or tent theme idea. "Operation: Camper"
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)