Author Topic: China/Korea Power Grid map  (Read 5606 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
China/Korea Power Grid map
« on: September 07, 2008, 15:39:26 »
Funagain Games recently added a new Power Grid expansion to their catalog.

A brand new expansion map to Power Grid is now available! Power Grid China/Korea features the same double sided board common to the other Power Grid expansion maps and is now available from Funagain Games for only $11.99!

On the Korean side, players are confronted first with richly varying geographical challenges, making building expensive. In addition, because of the political division between North and South, players must buy their resources from a divided market.

On the Chinese side the market is structured as a planned economy. In this version of the game, there are no surprises -- the power plants on the power plant market are offered in ascending order during the two first steps of the game. Additionally, the resource table is designed such that resources are likely to be in short supply as the game proceeds. Players must plan their resource needs very carefully or find their grid dark and their incomes reduced!

If you're interested, please, use this link to buy it from Funagain Games: Power Grid: China/Korea Expansion
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: China/Korea Power Grid map
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 11:55:01 »
Power Grid: China/Korea Expansion is currently the #1 Top Seller on Funagain Games, followed by Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries and Agricola !
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 14:42:26 »
I guess we'll never be playing this board at Charles' house.  Considering this sounds like it would make it a longer game.  ;)
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 17:56:32 »
We could probably make an exception!!   ;D