Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 5021 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Modern Warfare 2
« on: November 11, 2009, 11:36:26 »
At 23:00 last night, the struggle began. My brother and I had both gotten the brand new Modern Warfare 2 for PS3 and we were just getting online to play. My brother had apparently been playing all day long, but this was my first chance to play the game for anything beyond the 5-minute training.

Unfortunately, it was a real bummer that I couldn't play online with my brother. There is a problem with the "invite" function, which is supposed to be patched by Friday. A new patch came in this morning, but that just made it so we can't get to any online games at all.

We talked on the phone while trying to connect online for about an hour before my brother said he was going to bed and I went on to play the campaign. It's very cool. Great graphics! Intense! Lots of different situations, so it hasn't felt monotonous, other than replaying checkpoint sections that are right after places that I've gotten killed a lot. But just in the first few scenarios there are a variety of settings and situations.

For those interested in picking up Modern Warfare 2, all week long, Toys R Us is giving out a $10 (or $25 if you buy an additional select game) Gift Card with your purchase. Just don't expect to jump into online play right away.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 17:58:45 »
I saw a commercial for that...it looks TOTALLY SWEET!!!

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 02:48:45 »
I bought the 360 version (yes I'm a big enough geek that I got the prestige edition with the NVG). I'll be getting the PS3 version at some point so we'll have to play together I'll trade in some of the games I don't play at Gamestop. I really like it so far. I like the fast paced nature of the Multiplayer. The customization of just about everything is neat. Although I'm sure I'll find one setup and pretty much use it all the time. The kill streaks and care packages are fun too until someone steals one of your care packs or the pack lands on your head and kills you (yes they will kill you if they land on your head.

Anyway here are my first two rounds from Tuesday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Bjm-bizlU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk1tGALsS1k

Did you get to the airport scene in the single player? Or did you opt out of it?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 09:20:04 »
I thought it would be so cool to get the NVGs, but decided not to. Have you tried them out yet?

Yeah, the game is definitely cool. I haven't gotten through much yet, since I haven't had a lot of time to play, but I did get through the airport mission. I was pretty surprised at it and understand why the put the warning. At one point I just grabbed a riot shield and just walked through the rest of the mission with that. I'm guessing it would have ended the same either way, but I'm not positive. My wife came in the room right then and was pretty shocked at what she saw. I wasn't even shooting at that point.

What do you use to record your videos? Is that something that is just for XBox?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

ragingwookie

• Bronze Level
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 09:57:11 »
Yeah I tested them out. They work pretty good. I turned off all the lights in the Annex by the computer room and tested them. You loose a lot of depth perception though.

I use a Dazzle connected to my PC to record the videos. When I play I have to go through the RCA cables so no HD when I play. They make HD ones but they cost like $200 and I don't play well enough to spend that kind of money. You can use them on PS3 but I have my PS3 hooked up to my HDMI port and don't want to change around my whole wiring for it.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/Dazzle+Video+Archiving/Dazzle+Video+Creator+Plus.htm

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 12:46:49 »
Yeah, I've used NVGs before, while I was in the Marines. They are definitely interesting to use.

I'm not using HD right now anyway. I just have my PS3 running through my DVD player/recorder and out to the TV & Stereo from there. I guess if I ever wanted to record the game I could probably just use that and then copy the DVD to the computer.

Oh... the INVITE stuff was working today!!! I got online just after returning from the doctor's office and my brother was home so we played Special Ops for a while together. VERY COOL! I definitely need to get a headset now, at least for that.